NOT MINE 1970 chrysler 300 H on BaT

RWCearley

Reaction score
There is a 1970 Chrysler 300 H on Bring a Trailer. 2 days left on bidding. No interest in this vehicle.

This one? I though it was posted in for sale forum but guess not. its got time to move up in a couple days I would guess.

1672260923894.png

Anyone know anything about this one? History and condition?

This one is near the end of production. Seems like a decent car.

My registry has cars from Dec 69 Jan 70, Feb, March, April, May June, July 70.

This one is near the end of production. Seems like a decent car.

My registry has cars from Dec 69 Jan 70, Feb, March, April, May June, July 70.

Do you see a trend in VIN assignments meaning do you see more VINs allocated in a particular month or quarter? When does production seem to 'peak'? I presume there is a ramping up time frame then a slope back down toward the end of the model year.

Do you see a trend in VIN assignments meaning do you see more VINs allocated in a particular month or quarter? When does production seem to 'peak'? I presume there is a ramping up time frame then a slope back down toward the end of the model year.
Yes, you can extrapolate from my data base, how they were built, batch numbers, and certain options, etc.

You also have to remember Hurst only had a certian capacity at Hurst Performance Research and a limited number of painters and assemblers to get the cars built…they were often sitting outside in middle of winter waiting for conversion.

Yes, you can extrapolate from my data base, how they were built, batch numbers, and certain options, etc.

You also have to remember Hurst only had a certian capacity at Hurst Performance Research and a limited number of painters and assemblers to get the cars built…they were often sitting outside in middle of winter waiting for conversion.
Trevor,

You've mentioned your database from time to time, and the December car, but I have never seen it. Have you posted it here or elsewhere, and do you have photos of FTs and BSs to verify your database? Does the December car show 125?

I would certainly like to see your info!

I have:
204124 April
207568 April
220584 May
226179 May
226726 My car, but the sticker was missing. I did a January 70 repro, because the 125 is what ECS requires for a repro, even though we can assume I'm a May car.
230908 This BaT car, June.

I regret all the other Hursts that I DIDN'T take tag and sticker photos of the past 5 years, possibly as many as 8 "getaways" before I realized the 125 conumdrum.

$65K, SOLD!

And as Trevor said, it was indeed a battle on BaT. 60 bids, and around 260 comments by watchers at auction end. And they're still commenting, around 270 five minutes later. This car generated a lot of chatter, with many not knowing what it was. I hear that a lot myself..."What is it :confused:."

Last edited:
Back