1970 Chrysler 300 replacement harness

Waggy

Reaction score
I have had so many problems with my electrical, I decided to replace all of the wiring harness with Painless. What a mistake that has proven to be! Painless is NO help, so I am hoping I can get some from the forum. I thought I knew something about wiring as I did wire up a 36 Chev hot rod and it ran. The starter will not turn over and I am wondering if it could be the neutral safety switch, but I do not know where it is. I have a 3 wired switch on the transmission that I understand is the backup switch.
Am I right that the oil, temperature, brake and door switches are connected to the ground wires?

It sounds like you're having a Painful experience. I'm sorry to hear that.

I really cannot speak to the neutral safety switch although I believe it is mounted in the transmission. The oil, temp, brake, and door switches are grounded through the switch so there is only one wire them with exception of the temp switch which may have two if there is a "hot" and a "cold" light.

Neutral safety switch is on the transmission, 3 prong plug ...Something like this

?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfg-rz9SGUClm6qzof_4edolo7HMOvX3u3c3CoDGYmIDC5Y-KtAq3LQJud_qTC0sCymKOsKsVD&usqp=CAc.jpg

Well I tracked it back to the ignition switch! The problem is I have a tilt replacement steering column and there was some interesting wiring to connect the old steering column harness to the tilt one. The switch has 9 poles and I have checked all the poles in the 3 positions the key can be in. If I connect the red and yellow wires the starter turns over. I just cannot find which poles to put them on to. I am sure I have it the way the electrical diagram says, but I have been wrong before!
IMG_20180403_114109[1].jpg
IMG_20180403_113908[1].jpg
IMG_20180403_113933[1].jpg
IMG_20180403_114109[1].jpg

Well, the unit is working! The switch had moved down on the column, so when I turned the key, the connecting rod did not push the switch enough and the switch did not engage.

Back