1970 Chrysler 300H - SOLD $40K MECUM

something looks off to me color wise in and out, like a chevy shop did the 2012 resto
( and of course the motor shouldnt be blue)

Someone made those door panels and they don’t look good. Several things are incorrect under the hood. Probably why the bidding didn’t go higher.

From my POV...and believe me I was studying this sale for weeks....this a decent, Hurst, but not a great Hurst. The interior was good, minus the hole in the glovebox door, but underhood was a mess, plus the replacement engine. Seriously, why did a NASCAR star not get the original engine rebuilt? Did it kick a rod out the block in a 3:23 geared car and destroy the 440? Hardly. And the bizarre 70s ***-up stance didn't help the overall appeal at all. I was hoping it would go big to increase the value of my possibly up for sale car in the coming months. I think the BaT auction in January for $65K (very comparable to my car re quality and OEM appearance) was an appropriate valuation for the rare collector who wants one of these behemoths.

Did you get the VIN by any chance?
I tried to gather it from Mecum pics....couldn't see the fender tag or make out the door sticker, and Mecum didn't provide it as they sometimes do for high-end cars. Incidentally, the core support is painted gloss black. That sort of Day Two stuff was probably done 40 years ago. Lots of strange wiring under the hood. Anyone notice the hose clamp on the AC discharge line, right at the swedge fitting? Odd.

When I see such a dumb front end height that screws up suspension settings and makes driving more of a chore trying to go in a straight line down the road, I subtract $10K automatically. Suspension bushings wear much faster and I wonder how the vehicle was used (hard?).

Crank up those torsion bars...geez, no need for that. Could have probably got $45k if the stance was right! LOL!

Honestly, considering the original engine is probably in some B-body clone somewhere, I'm just glad the car exists...

Back