NOT MINE 1970 Dodge Polara convertible sweden

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
right now a 1970 Polara vert is for sale in sweden for SKR 150.000

Ad says it is one of five registered in sweden:

Blocket - Sveriges största marknadsplats, bilar, bostäder, möbler m.m.

can't get the pics to load up here right now

Here is the swedish ad text:
"Säljer en fin dodge polara cab 1 av 5 reggade I Sverige. Tillverkades 842 st bara av modellen och av dom som tillverkades i början av året fick ett fratzog emblem på kofångaren. Så gör den änu mera ovanlig.Dodgen är besiktad. Motor är en 383 på 329 hk som går otroligt fint. Nya Tändkablar och stift. Cabben är ok. Cab motor ok. Sitter en ny huvudbroms cylinder i bilen. Ett nytt batteri. Hi jackers monterats. Rätt nya däck. Nytt kapel, ligger i kartong. Regelbundet bytt olja. Fettat i nipplar. Bilen har förvarats inomhus vintertid."

Hope that helps those who care for 1970 Polara verts

Carsten

Google Translate

"The Dodge is inspected. Engine is a 383 with 329 hp which runs incredibly well. New Ignition cables and pins. The [cab - might be vert roof??] is ok. [Cab - again might mean roof??] motor ok. A new master brake cylinder is in the car. A new battery. Hi jackers fitted. Fairly new tires. New [chapel - ??], is in a box. Change the oil regularly. Greased [nipples -- ??]. The car has been stored indoors during the winter."

1686526339181.png
1686526367651.png
1686526391680.png
1686526424453.png
1686526465786.png
1686526852048.png

Last edited:
Thank you @fc7_plumcrazy for posting!

1/5 sounds right. From the looks of the engine bay, this DY3 Polara ´vert seems to be an L-code. Why the ad mentions the HP rating of an N-code is not clear to me.

I tried to get the VIN through CarFax but had no luck. Anyone? @ImpJay

Last edited:
It's a 53 year old car. Those bumpers may have been changed over. Several times, even.

Thank you for the confirmation. do you know about the car’s history, either before or after its trip to Sweden, by any chance?

Thank you for the confirmation. do you know about the car, by any chance?
No, sorry, I have no other information about it. It's in Sweden, and I reside in Finland. Sweden is very open, candid society, though, so it's pretty easy to get plenty of info just using the register plate number. Simply doing a search on Google.

No, sorry, I have no other information about it. It's in Sweden, and I reside in Finland. Sweden is very open, candid society, though, so it's pretty easy to get plenty of info just using the register plate number. Simply doing a search on Google.
Thank you. I learned something today!

--> Sök registreringsnummer / fordon ägare i bilregistret / bilvärdering gratis på Biluppgifter.se is the link that you sent -- super!
--> Search license plate does something close, but not quite as informative, in English.

PS: We have seen this car before, but this is the first time that I have seen the VIN associated (properly, it turns out) with it:

2 images of Dodge Polara Convertible 6.3 V8 TorqueFlite, 294hp, 1970 by Marcus

PPS: the ad says that DL27L0D231644 is one of 5 Polara 'verts registered in Sweden -- by my count, there may be 6 or even 7.

Last edited:
Back