1970 Dodge Polara Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark, that vert looks beautiful!!! If it's an original 440 car... why not go after it? I think it could be had for $9000. You don't like it?
Has anybody here actually bought another car as a driver AFTER joining FCBO?
Chris doesn't count....

which car are we talking abt Bob, the blue one or the grn/gold one? either one will cost at least 2K to get it here, i won't be able to look at either beforehand and the grn one, a friend of the owner took pics for me awhiel ago but they are just as useless - cell phone and in the garage, which is assinine. and even after i explained 3 times for him where the fen tag was, he still said he couldn't find it, but I can see it in one of the pics he sent me. and we won't even discuss the color

which car are we talking abt Bob, the blue one or the grn/gold one? either one will cost at least 2K to get it here, i won't be able to look at either beforehand and the grn one, a friend of the owner took pics for me awhiel ago but they are just as useless - cell phone and in the garage, which is assinine. and even after i explained 3 times for him where the fen tag was, he still said he couldn't find it, but I can see it in one of the pics he sent me. and we won't even discuss the color

The green/gold car.

Has anybody here actually bought another car as a driver AFTER joining FCBO?
Chris doesn't count....

Not as a driver... but I've got more $$$ in parts and shipping off that red '78 NY'er in Texas than half the cars in these C/L ads are selling for.

Could be ...it seems to have been bouncing around for a long long time

I took the car for a 8hr test drive from Regina to Calgary it drove awesome without any problems, the Polara is on his way to Germany now.
D025E7CF-02C8-4406-A0FD-AA9D729405AA.jpeg
6C4E87CF-BDF8-4286-BB2D-327FC0FF8B64.jpeg
251168EF-7E57-47DA-B538-EC9C7D631A44.jpeg
08D46F2B-36E4-40B0-AB18-3A091AF34D80.jpeg
ADB41191-27E2-400D-90B9-2193AC153B16.jpeg
1FED77A2-6A29-4556-9597-468D96D3C8EB.jpeg
CA319C44-F862-4061-9211-38FCF09E1CF9.jpeg
03B07542-C937-4A74-976B-F3DBF26FF431.jpeg

I took the car for a 8hr test drive from Regina to Calgary it drove awesome without any problems, the Polara is on his way to Germany now.
But of course.... :rolleyes: :poke:

I look at it this way. You guys are preserving them for us until we can afford to buy them back. :lol:

@Tobias74: Thank you for the update. Trust it is going to a good home. What's the history of the car? Did you take a fender tag pic? Is the new owner be a member here?

@fc7_plumcrazy: Carsten, this means there will be at least one more Polara convertible in Germany. I thought you'd said there was (compared to Chrysler 300's) very little interest there for Polaras -- is the market changing? You have posted a few, but not many:

'69 Polara 'vert: Pics of 69-73 C bodies
'70 Polara 'vert: Pics of 69-73 C bodies
'72 Polara 4-door hardtop: Pics of 69-73 C bodies

Last edited:
The owner passed away about 4years ago on cancer and his son had the car for the last 4 years but he needed the money that’s why he sold the Polara.
AF9563A9-0D18-44D3-AAA6-739A4F6BE064.jpeg

I see that the link on TradeClassicsNet does not work anymore. Would be great if my post led you to the car.

@Tobias74: Thank you for the update. Trust it is going to a good home. What's the history of the car? Did you take a fender tag pic? Is the new owner be a member here?

@fc7_plumcrazy: Carsten, this means there will be at least one more Polara convertible in Germany. I thought you'd said there was (compared to Chrysler 300's) very little interest there for Polaras -- is the market changing? You have posted a few, but not many:

'69 Polara 'vert: Pics of 69-73 C bodies
'70 Polara 'vert: Pics of 69-73 C bodies
'72 Polara 4-door hardtop: Pics of 69-73 C bodies

if it comes to Fuselages in germany:
Most often to be found are Chryslers.
The Polaras/Monacos are more seldom in comparison.
That doesn't mean there isn't a bunch of them around here:D

You must also consider the survival rate and production rate. . .The Dodges are hard to locate in the Motherland let alone off shore.

true.
But they also have a different amount of request.
If the Dodges were as popular as the Chryslers prices would be higher due to not being as easy available

Carsten, could you share some more information on the 1970 Polara convertibles you know about in Europe? I am aware of a few that are there, but have no information beyond the very limited amount that I found on FCBO:

1. @Olav's car in Norway (3 posts in Oct. 2014, no pic): 70 Polara conv in Norway

2. @mpfo's car in Finland (1 post in Jan. 2018, no pic): Welcome mpfo to FCBO!

3. Two verts that you "fetched last year (2012) in Västeras/Rättvik" (2013 post, no pic): 1970 Polara Ad

4. You have posted about several other 'verts in Finland. The links do not work anymore, any info you might have salvaged and could post in the relevant thread?

A. a silver Polara in Finland (BB 383, advertised Dec. 2016): For Sale - 1970 Polara Convertible (Europe)

B. another Polara advertised in Finland (this one with a 318 as per your 2013 posting): 1970 Polara CV for sale in Finland

C. yet another two that you found advertised in Finland back in Sept. 2015: 1970 Polara Ad

5. Anything in Germany, of course!

I didn't collect any infos on 70 Polara verts.
It changed since I know Dave and his passion for them.
So if I see a 70 Polara vert or an advertisement for one I post it here or sent him an E-mail for his registry.

In some countries in Scandinavia you could search for VINs till it became restricted.
I think some Swedish numbers where forwarded to Dave but as there were no pics: Hard to make a combination.

Sometimes I just see a car in Scandinavia and can take a pic while it is driving by but no VIN/Fender tag info can be saved.

Now we just came to the guessing part:
For sure 5 or 6 verts in Sweden and 5-6 verts in Finland.
I had one 20 years ago and there are at least two currently painted red ones. No VINs, no tags. One has a 70 Monaco grill.
Now there will be a fourth one in blue. But there might be more around. C-body owners are not as close connected as some Mopar Muscle guys.

There will be more driving around in Europe but most verts live up north where they prefer convertibles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back