For Sale 1970 Dodge Polara CUSTOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the e bay car posted I first thought it was the same one . I had to go look, two survivors from the same state , same color, :thumbsup:

970 Dodge Polara CUSTOM
1970 DODGE POLARA SURVIVOR IN GOOD ORIGINAL RUST FREE CONDITION.
ORIGINAL AND STOCK GARAGE FIND

Email to friends Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab
| Add to watch list
Seller information
margelann (304 )
100% Positive feedback
Save this Seller
Contact seller
See other items

Item Information
Item condition:
Used
Time left:
Time left: 51m 11s Today 10:00PM
Current bid:
US $12,800.00
[ 22 bids ]

My Imp has some runs that look like that too.

Well, while the runs could easily be from the factory, it sure appears the masking over the washer at the base of the door latch wasn't done properly as the paint is on it also. That's indicated by the lower arrow, and since the factory painted these parts before assembly (the washer should have no paint on it) I'd be inclined to think there has been at least a partial repaint at some time after it left the factory. YMMV

Well, while the runs could easily be from the factory, it sure appears the masking over the washer at the base of the door latch wasn't done properly as the paint is on it also. That's indicated by the lower arrow, and since the factory painted these parts before assembly (the washer should have no paint on it) I'd be inclined to think there has been at least a partial repaint at some time after it left the factory. YMMV

Then someone needs to zoom in on that. I have glasses on and I still can not see what you guys are pointing out. I see the washer and thats it ...

Only because im watching , I presume others are too

1970 Dodge Polara CUSTOM
ORIGINAL AND STOCK GARAGE FIND

Email to friends Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab
| Add to watch list
Seller information
margelann (304 )
100% Positive feedback
Save this Seller
Contact seller
See other items

Item Information
Item condition:
Used
Time left:
Time left: 16m 24s
Time Left 17m 0s

Today 10:00PM
Current bid:
US $13,101.00
[ 23 bids ]

1970 Dodge Polara CUSTOM
See original listing

s-l500.jpg
imgSoldCvi_96x96.png

Item condition:
Used
Ended:
Jan 23, 2018 , 10:00PM
Winning bid:
US $13,333.00
[ 24 bids ]
Shipping:
Free Local Pickup
Item location:
Sutter, California, United States
Seller:
margelann (304 )
|
Seller's other items

Opinions .............. $13,333.00 .... Thats respectable coin for a great shape low optioned, mundane in color C body .

From my experience if you sand that run you're going to find it's the factory primer that ran. They dipped them and runs were common on door jambs and engine compartments. Not saying it hasn't been painted but I don't think this run indicates it.

Maybe, but they didn't mask around the door striker washers thus second arrow. Not saying that the whole car has been painted but could be from a fender bender repair, I've seen and painted this era cars when they were new/used by 2 to 4 years of age. Chrysler let very few cars leave the factory with a run in the paint.

End result IMO it's not "original paint", thus not as advertised. + many other things.

Maybe, but they didn't mask around the door striker washers thus second arrow. Not saying that the whole car has been painted but could be from a fender bender repair, I've seen and painted this era cars when they were new/used by 2 to 4 years of age. Chrysler let very few cars leave the factory with a run in the paint.

End result IMO it's not "original paint", thus not as advertised. + many other things.
Ok. You made your point. The guy or gal in Germany is going to love the car, run or no run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back