NOT MINE 1970 N-code Fury iii convertible (formerly FK3 orange, now B5 blue)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @70 Sport Suburban for letting me know that PM27N0D117723 PM27N0D106955 is back on the market as it's being auctioned off in 3 weeks. It's a rare (only 11 known to survive, though the figures have been going up since we started tracking them) N-code Fury-iii 'verts. For those interested in the car's recent's history, see here. We now have 9 documented N-code Fury 'verts (Manny, let me know when your friend in Ontario sends the tag for #8) plus 2 known thanks to @marko (same request for the tags).

From the auction site: "Originally a southern car without all the northern salt problems. Hard to find a Chrysler vehicle, especially a convertible without body issues. Runs and drives, header gasket leak, transmission leak, power driver’s window not working, interior front seats worn and convertible top rear window has tears on both side. A great foundation to finish a classic. Car is powered by a 383 V8 and paired with an automatic transmission. VIN #: PM270D106955 Sold with a clear title. Online buyer's premium of 15%."

1672498581798.png

1672498624417.png

1672498677966.png

Last edited:
"Hard to find a Chrysler vehicle, especially a convertible without body issues".
Did that sentence mean, that this car also had these problems? I think this picture tells the truth...

image000001.jpg

"Hard to find a Chrysler vehicle, especially a convertible without body issues".
Did that sentence mean, that this car also had these problems? I think this picture tells the truth...
What does that photo have to do with PM27N0D117723 ? It is a different car, one based in Ontario, whose owner is an acquaintance of @70 Sport Suburban (he's been promised to share the tag).

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought it was the same car, I didn't pay attention to the numbers :BangHead:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought it was the same car, I didn't pay attention to the numbers :BangHead:
I am the guy who goofed. I copied/pasted the vin of the car that you posted -- so your picture matches what I'd referred to :rolleyes:

To be clear: PM270D106955 is the car currently for sale (see the OP; originally FK3, repainted B5 blue); PM27N0D117723 is the blue car, from Ontario, that @300L inferred (as he should have, based my post) that I was referring to -- my bad, apologies for the confusion, & thanks to @70 Sport Suburban for a helpful PM.

I have edited both of my posts to remove the confusion...

PS: @fury fan will start to get really worried about me -- my 2023 resolution should be to post after re-checking 7 times :)

Last edited:
I was seriously confused on this one also. I looked to/fro on both cars, the steering wheel is similar on both (eventually I noticed 1 has a Chrysler emblem), both have PWindows, both have buckets, and the seatcovers in the shiny car are covering worn seats, and car #2 has worn seats also. I thought we had caught an auctioneer blatantly lying about a rust-free Southern car.

Yes, @ayilar - you are now on my watch list.
2 grievous errors in the span of a week! :mob:

Auction site is about 2-2.5 hours north of Indy.
David can give it the once-over for you.
And I could probably provide indoor storage for it and drive it 'periodically' to keep it limber for you. Just sayin'...

@ayilar
Another question:
Title says 'formerly FK3 now B5 blue'. Is that in error also? What shows this car was originally FK3?

In this link...
1673020609248.png

...is a thread on this car, it is FK3, but has a different VIN, and not the 117723 you crossed out in post #1.

Not wanting to badger you, just trying to get my own closure...

71fcc337-896a-4a56-bb99-80c69314a5e5-jpeg.jpg

9cdad257-bcf7-4073-be2d-9468ef72c455-jpeg.jpg

1673020432913.png

@ayilar
Never mind, I stumbled on the answer on a different discussion.
106955 WAS originally FK3.

I appreciate that B5 was always considered a desirable color, but to change from the rarer FK3 seems a travesty.
Perhaps it was done prior to originality being important on a rare C-body.
Perhaps it was not even known how rare an N-code is?

Who knows...

23a2202e-b5e1-47d4-8466-bd5e94c27b58_largesize-jpg.jpg

Don't know if this had a reserve on it, if it did I presume it would state so. So looks like it sold?

1674419065041.png

Too lazy to get the info and photos in the ad before they posted it. Knuckleheads.

With the maint work it needs, needing seats redone, and a dash that looked kinda ratty - I'm unsure if $13k was a good price - unless you were only going to enjoy it as-is.
Don't know if the color change hurts it.
Don't know if the rarity of the N-code 383 is known much outside our circles - I'd be surprised if the dealer knows. The recent auction and the current seller both have omitted the 'N' from the VIN they've posted.

Aside from all that, the $19k seems optimistic. IIRC it sold for $23k a few years ago? @ayilar do you recall?

1675213105279.png

Don't know if this had a reserve on it, if it did I presume it would state so. So looks like it sold?

View attachment 577716
Sometimes I don't understand people. Here, possibly a dealer, submits the winning bid that tops out at $13K which should tell anyone that is most likely the max value of the car right then. Said person then turns around to flip at $19K when he knows that previously no bid came close to $19K originally so why now. Most likely the word "stupid" is going to figure into this concerning either the seller or buyer.

Unless they figure they can 'polish' it to make it better, or that they can market it better.
Or maybe the buyer thinks there weren't enough bidders to get the bids higher, that bidding stalled lower than it should have?

FWIW, the last time the car sold it went for $23k. I wouldn't think a dealer would have that kind of pulse on the market, though.
1970 Plymouth Fury III Convertible available for Auction | AutoHunter.com | 7984406

Unless they figure they can 'polish' it to make it better, or that they can market it better.
Or maybe the buyer thinks there weren't enough bidders to get the bids higher, that bidding stalled lower than it should have?

FWIW, the last time the car sold it went for $23k. I wouldn't think a dealer would have that kind of pulse on the market, though.
1970 Plymouth Fury III Convertible available for Auction | AutoHunter.com | 7984406
With the VIN and the internet, in this case they'd have a sense as long as they did their due diligence. My question is why the price dropped $10k between the two auctions.

I do not disagree, other than my question is who paid $23k for it last time?
Rather, who were the 2 horses in that bidding race?

I'm now feeling that $13k maybe wasn't a bad price, but $19 and $23 are both too high. (IMHO)

I just Goog'd the VIN with the 'N' missing, and nothing comes up. This auction and the currrent flip both have the N omitted.
With the 'N' in there, only 3 FCBO threads appeared.

If they did any dilligence, it would've been thru looking at comps, which there probably aren't many of.
Unless they were looking at ebay and broker sites, which have most C-bodies at 200% of a realistic resale price.

Thanks to @70 Sport Suburban for letting me know that PM27N0D117723 PM27N0D106955 is back on the market as it's being auctioned off in 3 weeks. It's a rare (only 11 known to survive, though the figures have been going up since we started tracking them) N-code Fury-iii 'verts. For those interested in the car's recent's history, see here. We now have 9 documented N-code Fury 'verts (Manny, let me know when your friend in Ontario sends the tag for #8) plus 2 known thanks to @marko (same request for the tags).
Looks like I found a 12th N-code Fury iii 'vert: PM27N0D140340 was sold on Copart last August (2022). Said to "run and drive" but to have roof and flood damage. Looks to have had the engine bay repainted at some point (ce the black bulkhead), so who knows if the car was originally ER6 red. It has what must be the rare M6XA black & charcoal interior with vinyl buckets and buddy seat, and a V3X vinyl top. I see signal repeaters on the hood and power drum brakes, but the 'vert has the standard steering wheel and very few other options otherwise (and the radio was replaced and/or an aftermarket radio installed at some point).

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-9.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-2.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-3.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-4.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-5.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-6.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-7.jpg

VIN 1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-10.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-PM27N0D140340-8.jpg

sale history PM27N0D140340.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if the 'roof damage' is nothing more than tears in the covering.
I would think if it was damage to teh mechanism/structure, it wouldn't have folded up and stowed so nicely.
I wonder where it went. But I know if it resurfaces, @ayilar will find it.

Back