For Sale 1970 Newport Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a repost but I thought it looked particularly nice. CDN dollar is currently pretty weak so this translates to around $7,500 US$.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...-o/1073754050?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I thought this one was sold while back !!! Damn......... :urkidding:

$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

I'm pretty sure that was at Carlisle. I didn't look at it close, but it looked pretty nice.

hi guys and gals, Iv'e been told that to buy a car from Canada from the U.S. is not a good idea as teh shipping is very high and hardly no one even does this? is this true? thanks

I don't think it's a big issue. I'm sure someone here has done it. Being an older car that was produced in the US will help a lot.

You need an importer and you will need to get a state licensed inspector to verify the Vin # tags are all in place. Least in Maine it is done that way.

hi guys and gals, Iv'e been told that to buy a car from Canada from the U.S. is not a good idea as teh shipping is very high and hardly no one even does this? is this true? thanks

Had a friend rent a car trailer, drive up, pay in USD and drive home through customs without an issue. I don't think cars made in the US are subject to duty tax when reimporting.

I've looked at this one already. Needs some frame work where the front frame extension meets the transmission crossmember. I figure about $2000 to fix it properly. Also, the rear quarters have been skinned on top of the old quarters and it was a poor job. The rear valance looks crooked and offset. My cousin was looking at it and passed. He was asking $14,000 - it's only worth at the most $5500 in my books due to the work needed. The cruise is not original either.

Company I worked for with locations in new Brunswick and maine wanted to bring a pick up here that hqd never been registered in the states. No transfer of ownership. It cost $600.00 in broker fees and we had to take the truck to a state inspection facility to verify the vin on all locations. Maybe different in different states, but I would check first.

Quick question if that is a 70 Newport shouldn't the rear Chrysler emblem be on the bumper between the tail lights, and not on the deck lid ? That is where mine is as I have a 70 Newport conv.

Importing From Canada

Had a friend rent a car trailer, drive up, pay in USD and drive home through customs without an issue. I don't think cars made in the US are subject to duty tax when reimporting.

There is absolutely no Duty Tax when importing a car that is 25 years or older, just make sure all the numbers on your paperwork match your car, having the original VIN plate/ data plate/ door sticker would be a good thing as well. When I did this with my current 70 300, I made sure that I had any and all documentation imaginable. When I got to the border crossing on my way back to the US I simply told them I was importing a vehicle, they told me to park over to one side and come in with my Bill Of Sale, Ownership Papers (title), and if I remember correctly CBP form 7501. They asked a few questions, and made sure the form was filled out correctly. The only reason they ended up looking at the car was that I mentioned that it had all the original EPA decals on it and they happened to be training a new employee, the guy wanted to show her what the EPA sticker looked like and where it was located otherwise they weren't even interested in looking at the car (what an insult). This is just my experience and may not be the norm so make sure you have everything you can think of just in case you cross at a border crossing where the officer that isn't so lax.

Make sure that when you get a Bill of Sale to fill out that you use a state form from whatever state you are from, get it noterized in Canada before coming back to the states, it will make your life much easier when you go to register the car at your local DMV.

I hope this information is helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back