For Sale 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am seriously considering selling this car, it comes with a clear title and has had most of the work done. Check the build thread here for some of the work done already. Wollfen's 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23
The car has had the rust done as well as paint too. Also all brakes are rebuilt with new parts, power booster, master cylinder, brake lines, hoses, pads, shoes etc etc. It has good tires on it too. The exhaust system is good but needs the first three feet put on with new pipe as this system was cut when i got it. The dash assy is redone as is the steering column too. it comes with white door cards and a new headliner as well as new carpet. The floor change assy with console is all there too. The headlamp motor is suspect and you will want to go over it, maybe pull it open and service it or get another one. I have a carpet for the trunk as well. It comes with all the chrome trim on the outside as well, including the sill molds. The seats will need reupholstering.
Gas tank will need a clean but is good. The engine was a runner in a previous car but has been sitting in storage a long time. I am not sure about the transmission.
Front suspension is good as is the chassis. If I think of anything else i will add to this thread. I will be asking for $5000 for it firm as is. If i do any more substantial work to it, the price will go up significantly.

20210427_161318.jpg
20210427_161331.jpg
20210427_161347.jpg
20210427_161350.jpg
20210427_161354.jpg
Dash assy97.jpg
steering column6.jpg

Pretty, well documented, and in my budget, but I think the remaining restoration work would be outta my wheelhouse.

And not that you're taking votes at this point, but the black you originally wanted woulda been absolutely gorgeous

I’ll be completely honest, I don’t YET have enough to buy this car, but I am saving towards a ‘70 Plymouth like this or perhaps a New Yorker, or Imperial. Other than finishing work and reassembly what does this car need most to move under its own power? Does it have all its glass?

I’ll be completely honest, I don’t YET have enough to buy this car, but I am saving towards a ‘70 Plymouth like this or perhaps a New Yorker, or Imperial. Other than finishing work and reassembly what does this car need most to move under its own power? Does it have all its glass?
Yes it does have all its glass and its all in place, the windshields were just fitted two weeks ago. The car needs the first three feet of exhaust pipes bought and fitted to the system already in place. Plus some mount brackets too. The engine should be a runner, but I haven't run it in over a year now. I am going to be connecting it up as I find time, but not sure when that will be. The transmission is a bit of an unknown since I haven't seen it in use. Right now I am doing a major cleanup in my garage and its a big chore. I have so much going on, the poor thing is sitting idle too much, lol.

It’s a heck of a good deal. As I said, been saving but don’t expect to be ready to buy until mid-late 2021. She’ll probably be long sold by then but if not, this car is on my short list.

Man if we weren't in the pandemic / lockdown I'd be grabbing this and jeopardizing my marriage right now. Good luck with sale but i secretly hope to see it for sale still after the pandemic.

Having seen it in person its a really sweet car. For someone looking for a xx23 roof Fury its a deal. Being an S/23 Sport Fury is just icing on the cake!

If I had not just picked up my '69 D300 truck, I'd be mulling this over until my head exploded. Right year, all there, and S/23 goodness to top things off. This would require a two-car enclosed hauler to accommodate the car and all those parts.

Oh how I want this car damn it, I do have most of the money saved up BUT no space here and what is left to do is way out of my league unfortunately. I really love the red over the green though

Oh how I want this car damn it, I do have most of the money saved up BUT no space here and what is left to do is way out of my league unfortunately. I really love the red over the green though
Just pay @Wollfen to do the work for you, and kill two birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back