1970 Polara Convertible rear seat back

Stanj

Reaction score
F95A2D78-9916-4E2A-8397-A7D8B4F8FFAE.jpeg
156B0DE4-CFC7-4B35-9600-0C05225711EC.jpeg
Looking for the plastic panel that screws to the back of the rear seat. Mine is brittle and falling apart. I attempted a search but I don’t know what to call it. Anyone have one or know of a source?

I had the same situation with mine but had all the pieces. Glued everything together reinforced it with a fiberglass/resin backing. Painted it and it looked good. It has lasted more than 15 years with no issues.

Here’s some screen caps from my putting 67 imp seats in my 69 conv thread. I think it said out of stock when I bought mine. I just contacted Bob and he brought it to the Woodley Park show.

It’s nice heavy flexible plastic. Very very nice piece. Worth every penny.

594B1B7D-8FA6-49A5-AC14-E1697CBEAF82.jpeg

EE41B4C8-498B-4E8C-AF7B-562778FB6C52.jpeg

It really completes the car if it’s missing.

I'm the bum that prodded Bob to do that reproduction and gave him a perfect one, the only one I had that was good enough to do the job as a sacrificial lamb. Bob gave me one of his much better speaker covers back in return. Happy camper I was. Bob is the best and works hard to deliver something better than stock every time. That is why he gets my best parts to use as a sacrifice for many of the items he makes, including some perfect dash pads, with and without speaker holes too. I hate the recovered stuff on the market that is more expensive and looks fake. We all need to support him and buy from him. Then he could afford to keep more items in stock for when we need them.

Last edited:
Back