WANTED 1971 440 Engine VIN Serial # 100266

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
WANTED. 1971 440 V8. I am looking for 440 engine. VIN last 8 digits are 1D100266. Must match VIN pad on block. Will have G-code on stamp area . 1970 Casting date. Removed from my 1971 Fury GT in 1970s, most likely in Colorado or New Mexico. The block is what I want. Does not have to have crank, rods, pistons, or heads, although I will pay for complete engine. Require pics including VIN pad above right side oil pan rail. Thanks, Ben

Note: please do not respond will not provide pictures or will not make the engine available for personal inspection before purchase.

Last edited:
You've probably already thought of this, but have you put this same notice in other forums, like A, B, and E, etc? Maybe notice in Hemmings? That mill might be in a Cuda right now, or getting ready to do into a RRunner.

Good luck on your search. I wish I could help somehow. :thumbsup:

Sorry Ben I can't help ya with the engine but Trace makes a great point there. The engine COULD be in one of those cars he mentioned, maybe put an ad in Mopar Collectors Guide magazine too I know quite a few people who read that. If you are not on the FBBO and Moparts sites, let me know and I could post an ad for ya over there if you would like me to.

That’s a very early car. First day of production if not sooner.

Can you post a fender tag and or Broadcast sheet?

You've probably already thought of this, but have you put this same notice in other forums, like A, B, and E, etc? Maybe notice in Hemmings? That mill might be in a Cuda right now, or getting ready to do into a RRunner.

Good luck on your search. I wish I could help somehow. :thumbsup:
Sorry Ben I can't help ya with the engine but Trace makes a great point there. The engine COULD be in one of those cars he mentioned, maybe put an ad in Mopar Collectors Guide magazine too I know quite a few people who read that. If you are not on the FBBO and Moparts sites, let me know and I could post an ad for ya over there if you would like me to.

Great ideas! Posted to FABO, FBBO, FEBO, Moparts.org. Also posted on 3 FB forums. Hemmings and Mopar Collectors Guide are good ideas too.

Last edited:
Great ideas! Posted to FABO, FBBO, FEBO, Moparts.org. Also posted on 3 FB forums. Hemmings and Mopar Collectors Guide are good ideas too.

I got a feeling the best place that will come up with an answer is Facebook, at least imho. Best of luck with the search!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back