NOT MINE 1971 Chrysler Newport Royal Coupe

crv

Reaction score
Listed on FB group C Body Owners And Fanatics: C Body Owners And Fanatics | Facebook

Thomas Ridder

deSntsrpoo2fh1gg095411536475g1f4983cc2549c5a46hhhh71gi6am2tt ·

1971 Chrysler Newport Royal Coupe
Only 34,000 actual miles, 360 V8, factory AC blowing cold, power steering and brakes.
This is a true survivor, all original paint and interior, never rusted. New tires. Orig spare never done. “Tawny Gold” color
The original owners purchased it from Bud Brown CP in Kansas City. The car was given to their daughter roughly 20 years ago, driven to Nebraska and parked in an airplane hanger until about 6 months ago. it was under a cover the entire time. The fuel system was redone from tank to carb. I’ve also redone the AC system and other misc maintenance items.
It runs and drives like a new car. Runs excellent and the transmission shifts smoothly.
I’ve purchased another car and I’m out of room
Price is $15,000. sorry no trades. I’ll consider a close reasonable offer.
Send me a PM we can exchange phone numbers
1666245233575.png

1666245257507.png

1666245277512.png

1666245299523.png

1666245320157.png

1666245342210.png

1666245360213.png

1666245379683.png

1666245400144.png

1666245419578.png

this has the look of a true low-mileage survivor. Just when you think they've all been "discovered", one of these shows up.

one curiousity .. top end of engine is almost TOO clean. thermal cycles/humidity and 50 years old, even at the advertised mileage, my experience is they get a little beat up. (chipped paint, scale where that happens, etc.)

if i were a buyer, that said, I see nothing to chase me away from this one.

hope it finds a good home.

this has the look of a true low-mileage survivor. Just when you think they've all been "discovered", one of these shows up.

one curiousity .. top end of engine is almost TOO clean. thermal cycles/humidity and 50 years old, even at the advertised mileage, my experience is they get a little beat up. (chipped paint, scale where that happens, etc.)

if i were a buyer, that said, I see nothing to chase me away from this one.

hope it finds a good home.
Yeah It almost looks too good to be true. Ad says original paint but I'm not sure 50 year old single stage acrylic enamel factory paint can shine that well no matter how it's been cared for. It has a basecoat/clearcoat look to it. also shouldn't the hood latch / spring piece in front of the core support be body color? I still believe it's worth asking price but an in person inspection might be needed to determine originality.

Says they went through the fuel and AC system, probably cleaned parts up as they went. Those valve covers look like they went through a "Craigslist Rebuild" aka repaint. No Mopar sticker on the air breather so that's been repainted as well. The rest is believable. I would love to just drive this one!

Beautiful car!!

Link only brings me to the fb site. Not the ad.

Does anyone have a picture of the trim tag for viewing and decoding purposes?

Are those running lights original? What option code are those for the chrysler? L34?

Awh man. Glad it got picked up and not left outside or something.

1. So, anyone have the fender tag picture?

2. Are those running lights factory?
3. Are they on the build sheet?
4. Does someone have the build sheet picture?
5. Is the code L34?

Sold. Owner posted:

Thomas Ridder

C Body Owners And Fanatics | Facebook
·

Thanks to all inquiries on my 1971 Newport. Over night I had a half dozen inquiries and offers, it was SOLD by 10:00. Thanks again all!

With the car presented as it was and he got a half a dozen calls real fast what are the odds a real buyer bought it or a dealer bought it meaning it will show up again double the price?

I deleted a post regarding posting the fender tag. I actually love the car and color. Wish I had the funds to bring it home. I don't know why the "x" shows...
You mean, you posted the tag then deleted it?

Awh man. Glad it got picked up and not left outside or something.

1. So, anyone have the fender tag picture?

2. Are those running lights factory?
3. Are they on the build sheet?
4. Does someone have the build sheet picture?
5. Is the code L34?
No pics of the tag or build sheet in the listing unfortunately.

With the car presented as it was and he got a half a dozen calls real fast what are the odds a real buyer bought it or a dealer bought it meaning it will show up again double the price?
Gateway Classics Cars maybe?

Back