NOT MINE 1971 Dodge Phoenix Hearse - AU$16,000 - Brisbane, Australia

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this FB listing is 4 weeks old.

1971 Dodge Phoenix Hearse - AU$16,000 - Brisbane, Australia
He’s got
another listing from 8 weeks ago..

FB Description

Selling my 1971 Dodge Phoenix hearse. This is a project vehicle that still requires paint and finishing off. This is one of only two Dodges that were converted to hearses by a Victorian company back in the 70’s. 318ci engine with a 904 Torqueflite trans. Fitted with the following new parts.. USA sourced brake master cylinder. Electronic ignition module, wiring and distributor. Timing cover and timing chain set. Both bumpers have been rechromed. Custom number plates included Many hours already spent prepping the body for paint. The engine, engine bay and underside of the hood have already been done. There is still some minor prep to do ... Only selling due to work relocation and unable to finish her in the short time frame available. Not interested in swaps as I must travel light. You will need a decent shed to fit her in as she’s 5.8 meters long. The last picture was kindly sent to me by a previous owner of how she looked brand new. This picture doesn’t represent how she looks now.
Phoenix Hearse 2.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 7.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 1.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 9.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 3.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 5.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 10.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 4.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 11.jpg
Phoenix Hearse 8.jpg

That rear bumper set-up is really cool on a wagon !!!
Also, I’d think about swapping in a set of Chrysler hidden headlights (since front clip seems to be more Chrysler than Dodge). That would really look mean!

FYI - for those interested the $16,000 AU price converts to just over $12K US dollars.

Noticed one strange item with the conversion to a hearse.
It looks to retain the 4-door front doors and b-pillar location which makes it look out of proportion to the long sides, in my opinion.

Noticed one strange item with the conversion to a hearse.
It looks to retain the 4-door front doors and b-pillar location which makes it look out of proportion to the long sides, in my opinion.
Agree, but the customer gets in from the rear, no need for longer front doors. :)

That would be a cool one to bring to Carlisle, if you could only get it stateside for the right money.

Last edited:
Back