For Sale 1971 Dodge Polara Custom HardTop Sedan V8 440cui - EU / Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

69_topless

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine, but nice enough to share the local ad

Short description:
This DODGE POLARA CUSTOM HARDTOP SEDAN V8 440cui was made back in 9/1970. Imported from Georgia / USA in 2011 with complete documentation for the car. Polara is generally in beautiful condition. The interior is completely original almost 100%. The paint is NEW on the whole car in the original color. The chromes are NEW + moldings + all accessories are in 100% condition. The vinyl roof is also NEW. Mechanical parts of the car - what was needed was replaced. I offer the car from the private collection of US CLASSIC CARS. I will be happy to tell you more information about this car.

The asking price is 400,000 CZK, which is circa 15400 EUR / 18200 USD. Imho competitive price considering the car condition and all import costs to the European union paid. Scandinavia guys might like it.

1971 Dodge Polara Custom HardTop Sedan V8 440cui-7,2 - Ostrava - Bazoš.cz

128378071 (1).jpg

128378071 (2).jpg

128378071 (3).jpg

128378071 (4).jpg

128378071 (5).jpg

128378071.jpg

That you for posting about DL43L1F117225 -- nice Polara Custom 4dr hardtop!

As the L-code VIN indicates, this Polara was built originally with a 383-2. I don't see pics of the engine bay in the ad, but at that price an interested buyer should check about the "440 engine" and "full documentation". Pics of the interior and trunk would also be good, ditto for the rear window surrounds.

Some of what we'd want to see can be seen in the following video of the car:

The engine bay photos start at 5:27. The car has some upscale options, such as the L35 cornering lights, N88 cruise control, and rim blow steering wheel. Starting at 4:47, we see that the L1F7 cloth and vinyl interior seems in good condition, but the seats have been redone (sadly the pattern and, likely, the fabric are incorrect).

--> @69_topless -- if you have a chance to get additional pics (as well as ideally the fender tag for historical records), and/or can translate relevant bits of info from the video, it'd be great if you could post them here! We could then confirm things like the GF7 paint.

Last edited:
This may be the same car, advertised in Georgia in 2007:
1971 Polara
View attachment 418259

Nice find! Here is the other Dry Dock 2007 thread referenced to in the one you found on FABO.

There are many clues that the two cars are one and the same: the car you found's 383-2 threw a rod and was replaced by a 440, it was for sale in 2007 and again 2011 (which is when the Ostrava car was imported into Europe), all the records are with the car from new, etc. The one puzzle is that the current car seems has a green interior: the 2007 ad mentions a "gold" interior -- BUT it also says that "the exterior is mint green in color matches the interior. This is the original color of the car." SO my guess is the car is indeed the right one.

The 2011 photos on Motortopia.com that would confirm it are not accessible anymore, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I think it is not on the cheap side with EUR 15.400 /USD 18000 even for european prices

Carsten

That you for posting about DL43L1F117225 -- nice Polara Custom 4dr hardtop!

As the L-code VIN indicates, this Polara was built originally with a 383-2. I don't see pics of the engine bay in the ad, but at that price an interested buyer should check about the "440 engine" and "full documentation". Pics of the interior and trunk would also be good, ditto for the rear window surrounds.

Some of what we'd want to see can be seen in the following video of the car:

The engine bay photos start at 5:27. The car has some upscale options, such as the L35 cornering lights, N88 cruise control, and rim blow steering wheel. Starting at 4:47, we see that the L1F7 cloth and vinyl interior seems in good condition, but the seats have been redone (sadly the pattern and, likely, the fabric are incorrect).

--> @69_topless -- if you have a chance to get additional pics (as well as ideally the fender tag for historical records), and/or can translate relevant bits of info from the video, it'd be great if you could post them here! We could then confirm things like the GF7 paint.

The video was taken by some local YouTuber, who got a chance to drive this car. It's not the owner and does not mention anything particularly interesting about the car. Perhaps just that the windows are manual, not powered. I do not know personally this car, it seems quite likely it is the car mentioned a few posts below (good memory:thumbsup:), it would make sense. Price 7k USD back in 2007 just backs up the fact it's a nicely preserved car, although maybe not completely historically correct.

The asking price is probably negotiable with the right buyer, conversion ratio recently due the covid makes no favor. Cheap it's not but you do not find this nice example every day, ready for pick up within 1-2 day travel for most of the EU citizens. Make a standard preserver car up to such condition (new correct paint, re-chromed bumpers, new vinyl top) would cost much more and we all know it, especially these of us living on the other side of the pond :) Let´s speak the market :thankyou:

The video was taken by some local YouTuber, who got a chance to drive this car. It's not the owner and does not mention anything particularly interesting about the car. Perhaps just that the windows are manual, not powered. I do not know personally this car, it seems quite likely it is the car mentioned a few posts below (good memory:thumbsup:), it would make sense. Price 7k USD back in 2007 just backs up the fact it's a nicely preserved car, although maybe not completely historically correct.

The asking price is probably negotiable with the right buyer, conversion ratio recently due the covid makes no favor. Cheap it's not but you do not find this nice example every day, ready for pick up within 1-2 day travel for most of the EU citizens. Make a standard preserver car up to such condition (new correct paint, re-chromed bumpers, new vinyl top) would cost much more and we all know it, especially these of us living on the other side of the pond :) Let´s speak the market :thankyou:

I would agree, the price is good. Hard to find one of these in this condition. In the States you mostly find crapped out c-bodies for a few grand, and those nicer pricier ones are over 10kusd and most of them need work anyway, let's be honest.. In my opinion 15400 euro is very reasonable for the right collector given the condition of the car. You must remember, importing the car and paying all the taxes (for example in poland) is a few thousand $$$ - so if you buy a turd in the US for 3kusd, you will pay another 3kusd or more just for transport and taxes/duties.

Here are pictures of the car taken in Antebellum North, GA back in 2006. The plate number (Georgia AGC 5093) is the same as in the 2007 "for sale" ad:

Here are the 2006 pics, showing a nice and shiny car:
5523154170_97732fb04e_o.jpg

5523153726_38e26cf0a2_o.jpg

5523153280_ca3857b221_o.jpg

5522562379_cdcb8b7dca_o.jpg

5523152274_45b21d7114_o.jpg

5523152946_667851f2c5_o.jpg

The 2007 "for sale" pics look a much more weathered car -- probably she sat outside for a while in the meantime:

polara 4.jpg

polara 3.jpg

polara.jpg

polara 2.jpg

Last edited:
dates crossed? '06 pictures show current green grille, '07 does not.
I thought the exact same thing but the Flickr dates (likely from the EXIF files) are clear: April 3, 2006. The ad date is also clear: May 2007. I am as stumped as you are, unless the poor photo quality of the 2007 sales ad pics misleadingly hides the green color and make it look gray (or the seeming color enhancement of the 2006 pics makes green reflections in the grey paint look like green paint).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back