For Sale 1971 Ford Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a Burt Reynolds movie (not the name of it, but his role name was Gator I think)...

He landed on a garbage barge with a similar Ford.

LMAO!

Seriously, I had a 72 Ford once, and a very good driver she was.

the name of the movie was "white lightning".

I like that movie, too

Carsten

I especially remember this movie for the fact that the Scenes where they showed the engine or stickshift it wasn't even a Full Size Ford vehicle. They didn't even bother to build or order such a car. Can't get over it.

the brown Ford had different coloured wheels, too.
Sometimes they were black, sometimes silver

But pretty good Police chases in "White Lightning".....The best for those in my opinion was "Sugarland Express" plus most of those were Mopars

The 71/72 LTD are my favourite Fords. Especially in a convertible.

Favorite 60-70s Full Size Ford for me is the 68 Galaxie XL

68ford64983-1.jpg

68ford64983-1.jpg

That's slick as hell - good on ya for getting $12K and change for that. I'd nver have thought that much for a four-door full-sized Ford big block car, but there it is. A buddy in high school had the same car, except red, in '79. Same engine, too. Drove that damn thing everywhere! It was a friggin' rocket, too! Our Sheriff's Department had three of the same car, too at that time, so he got people's attention, just by driving it. His was a former fire chief's car that had just 9K miles when he bought it in 1977.

When you look at big-block Chevy Biscaynes and BelAirs of the same era, they too are bringing good cash like this one. The Mopars seem to be tougher to find in the same shape.

its really a beefed up "Cobra Jet" so while not as coveted as the CJ Mustangs/Torinos with same engine from this era, in many ways it was a better car from a durabilty "run all day long at 100mph" standpoint with all the HD cop car content versus any civi car. we'll see how it turns out.

Favorite 60-70s Full Size Ford for me is the 68 Galaxie XL

[iurl="http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43151&d=1419702656&d=1419702656"]
attachment.php
[/iurl]
As beautiful a Ford ever made! Damn, I loved them back then!

Posted via Topify on Android

Nice! :)

I've always had a thing for the full-size Fords of that era. I have a '70 Mercury full-size 4 door that I bought in 1994.

I remember, when I was looking for my first car, I had the opportunity to buy a '71 Ford 4 door sedan very similar to that one for $500. It was almost the same color too but, had a 302 with "three on the tree". I passed on it. Of course, if I had bought it then, in my late teens, it would probably be gone now anyway.

Last edited:
With seven days left in the auction...this will go for thousands more. I predict a final number of 16-18k.

hey Pete. thanks for the prediction.

but whether it is my car, or somebody else's up for sale, I never comment on price. yeah, its doing pretty good so far, but the market will sort it all out in the end. me and buyer agree on something, he/she will own it. if not, i will have it a while longer.

take care:icon_thumleft:

Seriously?? I read that whole description like it was a novel. I thought to myself that damn, this guy knows his s&#. THEN, I looked at who the seller was.

I "usually" know my "&#%@" but ain't arrogant enough - anymore - to always think i'm right. it took gray hair to realize learning is a life-long thing.

There's always a lot of energy around these cop cars though and I get dozens of "opinions" during an auction. many are spot on, some not, others just flat out wrong. i appreciate folks who try to help...i can do without the "haters" but it comes with cyber-selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back