NOT MINE 1971 Imperial LeBaron 4dr (GY4 honeydew, $12k)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This GY4 Imp for sale is YM43T1C131009, which was sold at the Gesswein auction last summer. If so, then the current owner's ask exceeds the auction sale price of $8.4k (adding commission and transport, though, not by much).

From the seller in the Imperial Club ad:

"1971 Chrysler Imperial (LeBaron) for sale. $12,000/OBO. Purchased from auction in South Dakota. Body in good condition: very little rust on panels or undercarriage. Trunk in very good, i. e. clean, condition. Looks like it had a paint job. No gaps or tears in vinyl roofing or around back window. Interior is very nice: no rips or tears in fabric. Repairs made (paperwork available): replaced master cylinder, checked & repaired exhaust leak, checked gas cap issue, replaced motor mounts; oil change. * Engine seems to be in good condition: old, of course. It has that characteristic “rumble” when you start it & drive! * Power options throughout, but: driver's seat works fine, except it does not go up or tilt (I forget which). Windows in working condition, but back/rear windows can have issues with closing fully. Ventilation windows work, but do not always close tightly; also, a little crack in glass of one of the ventilation windows. * Hidden headlights work perfectly, i. e. opening & closing. * Wipers work & windshield washer works—but, no fluid comes out (either empty—I can check—or needs some repair). * Directional signals, front & back, work; passenger-side blinker on the hood does not work. Passenger-side brake light does not work. * Fans work. * A/C available, but does not seem to work. * I am 75% sure it has Cruise Control. The controls do seem to be there in directional signal stalk, but the symbols/words have been worn off. If there, it does not work. * Horn does not work. * Radio is AM/FM, but only works FM. * Gas gauge does not work; speedometer does not work. * Little repairs needed, like: clock does not work; rearview mirror and side mirrors are a little loose. I have had it looked over by a mechanic specializing on classic vehicles. He says car, especially body, is in good shape. After his recent repairs, no major, “must-do-now” problems. Car is roadworthy. A good little project car that can still be driven regularly. Why selling? Call me a “dilettante,” but I want something closer to perfect."

The photos in the
YouTube video are not great. Here are better ones I saved from the July 2020 auction, including the fender tag for records. Note the H53 ATC II, which is fixable but not cheap to repair:

51G_1.jpg

51G_3.jpg

51G_7.jpg

51G_5.jpg

51G_4.jpg

51G_14.jpg

51G_21.jpg

51G_20.jpg

51G_16.jpg

fender tag 51G_19.jpg

I just cannot view Fusie Imp 4dr hdtps as being remotely attractive.
Hit me with them red X's.

Seems fully priced considering so many things don't work. I wish him luck finding a "more perfect" car for the selling price he hopes to get.
This GY4 LeBaron is a driver. To enjoy it, the ATC should be redone ($1.5-2k with labor), the power toys fixed, and the horn repaired (good luck finding a gold rim blow S61 wheel in good condition). That, and a bunch of the small things listed by the seller in his pretty thorough description. At the end of that refurb, you'd still have a solid car that has been repainted but is not show-quality.

This GA8 Imperial was the car to get, for someone who really wants a perfect 1971 Imperial. At $21k she was not a cheap ask, but the buyer got a deal IMHO.

Last edited:
That color does nothing for that car, along with all its other issues, he's in dream land.
$8400 was even a stretch. IMHO

Well, YM43T1C131009 is now on eBay with a starting price of $7.5k and a BIN price of $8k. Lots of new photos, including this one of the engine bay showing an interesting blue color for the covers. It is amazing to me that the seller could not be bothered to removed the needles and leaves...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

More interior pics, as well. The first photo seems to be realistic color-wise, the last two are not:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Back