For Sale 1971 Mercury Monterey 8 Person Station Wagon-TRADE MOPAR? - $10000 (Murphys, Ca.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970cat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine
1971 Mercury Monterey 8 Person Station Wagon-TRADE MOPAR?
00j0j_5zC4SD6gDLD_600x450.jpg

00F0F_gP9TQvXgCrN_600x450.jpg

00O0O_4At0STbqHCj_600x450.jpg

Hi CL,

I have for sale a 1971 Mercury Monterey eight person (3rd row seating) Station Wagon. It has a 400ci 2 Bbl engine with single exhaust, a 3 speed automatic transmission, and a "non-posi" highway geared diff. Options include a power window in a "3-way" rear tailgate, power steering, power front disc brakes, a factory original A/M-F/M stereo radio, and an aftermarket, NOS, "period correct", stereo 8-track player. I have also installed triple gauges for oil pressure, cooling system and voltmeter. The Wagon has 50,315 miles on the odometer. I do not know if it has "rolled-over". The person I bought it from 4 months ago in Corning, Ca. said it was in a covered storage facility in central Oregon for several years before he bought it from the original owner. There is a tag on a rear brake line that says the brakes were worked on in 5/92 when the car had 45,230 miles, so it has gone 5K miles in the last 25 years.
The Monterey has had one repaint in the original (White) color. The two front seats have been reupholstered (the interior is blue). Mechanically, it is virtually perfect. The car's only "Quirk", is that when full of gas, the gauge reads 3/4 full. When it says empty, you still have 1/4 tank left. It has a new "NOS" sending unit in the gas tank. The interior is excellent, but the top of the dash has a crack that I covered with a matching carpet type dash cover so you do not see the imperfection. The exterior is very nice, but not perfect. As I said, the Wagon runs/drives/looks great, but it is a 46 year old partially restored vehicle.
The Monterey is currently registered and insured. I have the pink-slip. I cannot find any '71 Mercury Monterey Station Wagon production numbers, but I know they are rare. The car is located east of Murphys, Ca. near Highway 4.
I may be willing to trade for a 2-door 1969-1971 C-Body Mopar (Plymouth Fury, Dodge Monaco or Polara, Chrysler 300, Newport, Imperial or New Yorker- 2 door only, or Mopar Convertible) of like value and condition.
The "white" in the pic with the seats folded down is sunshine. Please, I DO NOT need "help" selling my car!

Thank-You Steve near Murphys, Ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back