NOT MINE 1971 Monaco $20,000

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Not mine...This one is sharp and I wouldn't doubt he gets his asking price.
What's the bracket on the fan shroud for?
......CLEAN 1971 Dodge Monaco for Sale in Marysville, WA - OfferUp

CLEAN 1971 Dodge Monaco​

$20,000
34,648 Miles
Clean title
Last updated 10 days ago in Marysville, WA

Condition: Excellent
71 Monaco a.jpg

71 Monaco c.jpg
71 Monaco b.jpg

71 Monaco d.jpg

71 Monaco e.jpg
71 Monaco f.jpg
71 Monaco g.jpg

71 Monaco h.jpg

71 Monaco i.jpg

71 Monaco j.jpg

Thanks Chris. I didn't see that ad before. Let Go was posted 10 days ago.

Not sure if it's in Yuma AZ or Washington. The pictures were taken in Yuma.

DH23T1D109069 looks really sharp. I talked to the owner, who told me about the history of the car, in the thread to which @azblackhemi linked. Rare Alaska provenance.

@azblackhemi: The owner was the daughter of the elderly previous owner, who lived in Fairbanks, AK (99.99% sure it was member @eyemon -- he was 84 at the time of his last post in 2016. If I get the story right, this Monaco was brought from Washington State to Alaska (by @eyemon), then after his passing it was brought back to WA, before the daughter and her family (and the car) moved to Arizona.

The car was repainted in the original GT8 color. If you search for @eyemon posts, you will see that the car was his baby and that he took great care of it. The engine is a Chrysler 440: it is not numbers-matching but AFAIK it is correct for the car/year.

FWIW, I seriously considered buying the car. I love the color combo and the options.

Last edited:
@azblackhemi: The owner was the daughter of the elderly previous owner, who lived in Fairbanks, AK (99.99% sure it was member @eyemon -- he was 84 at the time of his last post in 2016. If I get the story right, this Monaco was brought from Washington State to Alaska (by @eyemon), then after his passing it was brought back to WA, before the daughter and her family (and the car) moved to Arizona.

The car was repainted in the original GT8 color. If you search for @eyemon posts, you will see that the car was his baby and that he took great care of it. The engine is a Chrysler 440: it is not numbers-matching but AFAIK it is correct for the car/year.

FWIW, I seriously considered buying the car. I love the color combo and the options.

Am I the only one that wonders why if the car was given great care since it was his "baby" and located in the Pacific Northwest where the sun load is minimal, why this car even needed a repaint at such low mileage (in addition to a new engine)? I suppose it could have experienced a fender bender at some point, but I have to wonder whether it experienced enough salt exposure from being in Canada to need rust repair and a repaint to go along with it? The engine compartment photos, however, do not suggest having experienced rust issues. To even move the emblems around from their original locations requires even some minor body work. I would feel more comfortable if I saw more underneath photos and maybe some information as to how long this car has been in Arizona vs. the Pacific NW and Alaska especially. If it has been in Arizona a good deal of the time, it might have seen a lot of sunload there, but the condition of the interior doesn't suggest that.

I bought a 1971 Chrysler 300 parts car not too long ago that was from Canada and at what has to be an original 34K miles given the condition of the interior (like new) and how well the engine runs, but it had more rust than just about anything else I have ever seen - just incredible (this was all disclosed before I bought it by the way)! They must use a bunch of salt up there for my parts car to be so eaten up at such low mileage.

Last edited:
Not having dug thru all of Eyemon's posts regarding the history of the car, perhaps the paintjob might've simply been due to being 30+ years old (depending on when he got it). If the paint in the trunkjamb area is an indicator?
It might've spent some years outside, and maybe a freak cold-snap with neglected anti-freeze caused the original engine to crack.
Lots of things could've happened in the first 10-20 years when these cars weren't treated as special, or possibly was loved by somebody that didn't know how to preserve it properly?
1664312446405.png

@sixpkrt
As for the bracketry at the radiator:
Looks like some extra wiring has been added, and the bracketry is to get a circuit from the battery across to the passenger side, and looks like it goes to some AC sensors.
There's also some extra stuff mounted on the driverside fenderwell, looks possibly to be an aftermarket cruise control - looks like there's some wiring there also.
And on the AC tubes near the firewall there's what appears to be a 'flow-direction' decal that you'll see in manufacturing facilities, used to label pipes and their contents/direction.

Perhaps somebody in this car's life was an industrial maintenance technician or engineer?
FWIW - this car has a stainless steel washer under the wingnut, as do all of my cars. But mine have stainless thumbscrews ILO wingnuts.

1664313283534.png

Back