1971 Plymouth Fury I 2dr info

DNADevil71

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I have recently inherited a 71 Fury I 2dr that has been sitting in a Garage pretty much its whole life. When searching for maintenance parts, everywhere assumes this is a Fury II or some other year. I was wondering if anyone had any additional information that would be helpful. It has a 318 and Auto trans.

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

Find and buy a Factory parts manual and Factory service manual for you car. Every engine, transmission, drivetrain component should be readily available. It's everything else that will need a Mopar part number and research. This site is invaluable for parts and knowledge. Folks are going to want a pic of fender tag and LOTS of pictures too.
Looks like its in great shape.

Find and buy a Factory parts manual and Factory service manual for you car. Every engine, transmission, drivetrain component should be readily available. It's everything else that will need a Mopar part number and research. This site is invaluable for parts and knowledge. Folks are going to want a pic of fender tag and LOTS of pictures too.
Will do! I’ll take some more pictures when I can get home. Fender tag, engine, and interior) I’ve been doing some basic maintenance already, valve cover gaskets, spark plug and wires, engine air filter. Fuel filter and new PCV valve. It’s just been odd as a 1971 Fury I 2dr doesn’t seem like it an option for a lot of places and it piqued my interest.

Fury I, Fury II, Fury III, and VIP, are all the same mechanically and basic body. The only difference is the trim levels.

A couple more pictures including the fender tag I was able to snap before the rain.

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

I know it looks to all the world to be a 2dr hardtop, but literature I found at www.hamtramck-historical.com calls it "2dr coupe" and not "2dr sedan". As it looks to be a hardtop, do the quarter windows move? The similar 1970 model is a genuine 2dr sedan with a B-pillar. The Fury II models list a 2dr hardtop.

One OTHER big thing I discovered in looking at the engines and models page, is that for the 1971 Sport Fury GT, the optional engines listed BOTH the 426 Hemi and 440 6bbl engines as optional. So where might that "1 of ___" 1971 Sport Fury GT HEMI be?

Looks like a very nice and unmolested car. It's uniqueness is in its base model and low option content.

I bet that old Chrysler acrylic enamel will shine up just like new!

Congrats!
CBODY67

I know it looks to all the world to be a 2dr hardtop, but literature I found at www.hamtramck-historical.com calls it "2dr coupe" and not "2dr sedan". As it looks to be a hardtop, do the quarter windows move? The similar 1970 model is a genuine 2dr sedan with a B-pillar. The Fury II models list a 2dr hardtop.

One OTHER big thing I discovered in looking at the engines and models page, is that for the 1971 Sport Fury GT, the optional engines listed BOTH the 426 Hemi and 440 6bbl engines as optional. So where might that "1 of ___" 1971 Sport Fury GT HEMI be?

Looks like a very nice and unmolested car. It's uniqueness is in its base model and low option content.

I bet that old Chrysler acrylic enamel will shine up just like new!

Congrats!
CBODY67
Thanks a ton for information and taking the time to help!. As for the quarter windows they do not move.

IMG_0292.jpeg

I saw the subject line of this thread and...

Custom Image 29092023191156.jpg

Congratulations on your nice inheritance!
I like green colored cars.

If that car is a pillerless hardtop, it's a 1 of 1 car.
Love the car. regardless.

I thought it odd earlier when first posted. I sure didn't wanna sound stupid. I thought the I's were all sedans. It's been a long time. Did all 1971 Fury I's have inoperable rear glass with no pillar?

A great first post by a new member:
Pictures! and in focus!!!
Clean car!
No garden hose in the pictures!!!:)

Welcome to FCBO!

The 1970 Fury I 2drs were sedans with B-pillars ("posts"). Might have been less costly to do a 2dr hardtop door and quarter window, but make the quarter glass "solid"? Hence the sales name of "coupe"?

Back