1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

Then the question that begs to be answered is " how does that angle get out of whack"?
The transmission and engine are set by the mounts. The gear housing is set by the rear tube and springs.
What am I missing?
@commando1 You are correct
It was Dave who asked how can it get out of whack. So I guess I agree with his comment with an *

FWIW, I had a driveshaft vibration in my A12 Roadrunner that was driving me nuts. (it's a short drive)

Turned out that I had twisted the shaft just enough that the U-joints were slightly out of alignment. The local driveshaft shop was supposed to build me a brand new one, but instead they shortened another shaft. It was cheaper and I went for it, but I twisted that one too. Little too much torque... LOL.

Critter, how many miles have you put on this beauty?
When I took it for a drive last month it had 1100 I believe. Derek is definitely spending more time behind the wheel which is great to see...
He put on about 250 today, and he's not shy about pushing that pedal down. I was running about 100mph a few times keeping up with him and the whole group.

This is not the 100 run...

Untitled.jpg

Alberta blood was drawn.....this is WAR...no prisoners.....
20200711_165014 (2).jpg

was a fun day runnin through Central Alberta with Pete and a fast crowd...…….

Hey Derek . . . you parked in front of my Purple Sport Satellite last night in Chestermere . . . wish I could have chatted with you . . . I was in side having a bite when you arrived and when I got back to car, you weren't around yours . . . anyhow, AWESOME car !! PM me sometime . . .

Cheers,

Mark

Satellite2 Leth May 2013.jpg

Hey Derek . . . you parked in front of my Purple Sport Satellite last night in Chestermere . . . wish I could have chatted with you . . . I was in side having a bite when you arrived and when I got back to car, you weren't around yours . . . anyhow, AWESOME car !! PM me sometime . . .

Cheers,

Mark

saw that..is a nice Satellite....was off wandering and droolin soon as l got there..PM sent re Drydock....welcome to C bodys :welcome:
….don't mind the trolls...they quiet down once their fed...:mob:
20200714_190657.jpg

Murderer :rofl:

Did you wash it off, or did you save it as a badge of honour?

Silly boy.... well l bee lined it for the car wash post haste ...hada get rid of the evidence asp....dam protesters:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I get a similar vibration in my ‘68 Polara. Every thing is smooth until I hit 80 mph and then I get a resonance/ vibration. I rotated my tires around and it did not change. Next step is probably the drive shaft. Earlier this summer It seemed like the vibration was happening at around 70, one of my new U-joints after just 2,000 miles was shot. I was getting about 1/16 - 1/8” of radial play. I replaced it and was good until somewhere between 80 & 85. I do have a few gravel road dings in my drive shaft so maybe it is a little off balance. It seems my angles are fine.
Bone stock as well. Am looking forward to what you May find.
View attachment 385973 View attachment 385974 View attachment 385975

Fixed my vibration issue. It was my drive shaft being a little bent. They re-straightend and re-balanced it. Vibration totally went away and is even much quieter at cruising speed.
Drive Line Angle will drive you crazy

20200514_143507.jpg
20200514_144545.jpg
120074513_10160362450723696_8927886723012550808_o.jpg
20200826_172625.jpg
20200714_192157.jpg
20200703_201350.jpg
20201003_195822.jpg
Number 6.png
welp snows arrived and its time to switch toys.....Finally got the GT home last spring and had alota fun bootin about this summer and hittin a few show and shines...was a good year....couple little tweaks planed over the winter and am lookin forward to next year :)
Time for a little winter fun....
IMG_0058.JPG

Back