WANTED 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Pifer

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello, I'm looking for a restored 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT with A/C, PS, PB. If it has Speed control and PW then even better.
Thank you very much.
Mark

image.jpg

The car above looks like a 29 roof that a Sport Fury Coupe could have had but a real 71 Sport Fury GT would have been a 23 hardtop only is my understanding. Although the hood on the above 71 Sport Fury letters indicate GT it appears, I believe that must be a clone. I used to own a real 1971 SFGT and mine had the 23 roof. I currently own a 1970 SFGT with the 23 roof and I am pretty sure in 1970 that was the only option. Am I correct about the 71 SFGT models having the 23 roof only? The 29 roof was described as a "formal" roof which is anything but sporty and I really do not like them at all.

If I am correct, be careful before you plunk down the big $$ for a fake.

Gonna be a tough one. There are a few of us who hunt these down and collect them. The Blue one in your picture is a clone and has been for sale recently. What is your price range?

You could try @CanCritter but I think his price is about $30000 over your price range.

If you buy one, PM me. I have a 1971 SFGT that I am slowly bringing back to life after 45 years off the road.

@FURYGT also has one in resto and is a good resource for info.

You could try @CanCritter but I think his price is about $30000 over your price range.

If you buy one, PM me. I have a 1971 SFGT that I am slowly bringing back to life after 45 years off the road.

@FURYGT also has one in resto and is a good resource for info.
The critter's car has been gone to a new home for over a year now.

Hello, I'm looking for a restored 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT with A/C, PS, PB. If it has Speed control and PW then even better.
Thank you very much.
Mark

View attachment 581547

They only made 375 GT’s in 1971. The survival rate on these cars is low, 10 - 20% at best. Correctly restored ones rarely come up for sale and would be well above your price range. Nice drivers rarely come up for sale. GT’s are expensive to restore. You are more likely to find a non-GT Sport Fury in your price range. The price guides are way off on these cars. Good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back