For Sale 1972 Chrysler Imperial LaBaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine, but it looks like it could be cleaned up pretty easily.
1972 Chrysler Imperial LaBaron
Automatic
4 door
Yellow
White interior
57,755 miles
440 v8
LeBaron addition, Leather Seats, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Seats
Last time it was on the road was 1979....
Engine does turn over.
But it does not run.
It's been stored inside a building since it's been parked.

Sold as is...
Asking $4,000 CASH. O.B.O.
72 Mil WI Imp 1.jpg
72 Mil WI Imp 2.jpg
72 Mil WI Imp 3.jpg
72 Mil WI Imp 4.jpg
72 Mil WI Imp 5.jpg
72 Mil WI Imp 6.jpg

Makes you wonder why a person wouldn't air up the tires, reinstall the wheelcover, and wash it before taking pictures. It sure looks nice from the right side.

Makes you wonder why a person wouldn't air up the tires, reinstall the wheelcover, and wash it before taking pictures. It sure looks nice from the right side.

That basic stuff is where alot of flippers make their money....most people are too lazy to even attempt a decent presentation of what they're selling.

Something seems amiss in the interior photo showing the dash to be a contrasting color to the seats. Is it the lighting or ???

01212_dPT60lzBp8P_1200x900.jpg

That's about as close to a deadhorse barn find as you could get...a trailer and offer 2-3K and its probably a good project car that would turn out sweet.

That's about as close to a deadhorse barn find as you could get...a trailer and offer 2-3K and its probably a good project car that would turn out sweet.
Offer *1* grand,, and only if you really want it...
It has a crappy repaint on it...
Rusting from inside out.
Needs tires, battery, and who know what to make it run...

After that much time, brake booster, complete brake lines, hoses, cylinders, fuel tank, belts etc. Likely to have corrosion issues with cooling system. Easily could run $2k-$3k to get it running. Probably had other mechanical issues that caused it to be parked in the first place.

Dave

Tempting, but not on the road since 79?Maybe 2,000.00 if it was a 69 coupe.Because expenses ladder up real quick before you know it.If you have at least a decent size driveway,start it once a week ,roll it around,warm it up a little,brake it.It just amazes me the lovely cars that just sit and rot.B.Brummel

This is what happened to my 72 Coupe...it was pretty much a roller off the trailer...no brakes, rust from fuel tank to carb, steering box and PS pump leaking, etc, etc......she's back on the road now after a summer in the shop...she has 89,000 miles on her and she probably sat in a garage for decades...I don't have the full history...But, similar to this one.

Another possibility is people always have half the battle.A car that looks awful,ratty interior,rusted body,etc.But it runs great.Just buy this car,swap drive trains and good parts,clean it up.The car looks really doable.If you have an imp. of similar vintage.I was in a similar situation once where i had bought a 78 gold metallic 4door n.y.that was in beautiful shape but somebody broke something in the engine bay.I stripped the doors,and bumpers,grille inserts,hood ornament.I should have swapped my 440 and trans out from the car i was fixing into the better gold car.huge mistake.the gold velour interior was beautiful.I learned my lesson.Brougham Brummel

Guys.In your opinion.Is this a smart buy?It could turn into 5to 7 grand in replacement/repair . I,ve been there.Won,t do that.But a car sitting that long.Fuel tank replacement,tires,carb.hoses,belts.water pump.Tuning.Brakes are rusted shut probably.BUT THAT BODY AND INTERIOR LOOKS INVITING.I think it would be better to find a functioning cared for car.I think this is more like a 1500 or 2000 car because of sitting for 40 years.Is it so hard to start a car on your property and drive it around to keep it supple and fresh.I hate this.B.B

Guys.In your opinion.Is this a smart buy?It could turn into 5to 7 grand in replacement/repair . I,ve been there.Won,t do that.But a car sitting that long.Fuel tank replacement,tires,carb.hoses,belts.water pump.Tuning.Brakes are rusted shut probably.BUT THAT BODY AND INTERIOR LOOKS INVITING.I think it would be better to find a functioning cared for car.I think this is more like a 1500 or 2000 car because of sitting for 40 years.Is it so hard to start a car on your property and drive it around to keep it supple and fresh.I hate this.B.B

If someone brought this car to my front yard, brought a battery - and the power seat, Windows, dash cluster and other accessories worked. I’d pay $2500 easily.

With the right resources it,s definitely worth saving.A straight body and interior are well worth it.The length of time is scary but at least it didm,t flash fry in the sun like some cars.B.B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back