NOT MINE 1972 Chrysler new yorker Brougham $10,000

Seems like once a car gets in the hands of flipper-dealers that they bounce from place to place like foster homes.
Not uncommon to see a dealer fail to get $30k for a vanilla car after numerous attempts, then 6 mos later it pops up at another dealer.
Presumably dealer #1 dumps it near cost to the next one, who thinks they'll be the one to hit the jackpot.

But that's just my speculation.

Bad radiator cap is my bet, but it's nice to see the system is sealed up and not drawing air from somewhere else, (freeze plug or heater core pinhole)

if its the oem upper hose from 1972? I bet its a bad upper hose it may be a bad cap s allways better to get nos caps like i did but i had a parts book to look the # up in too

Bad radiator cap is my bet, but it's nice to see the system is sealed up and not drawing air from somewhere else, (freeze plug or heater core pinhole)

sure looks like the hose collapsed. Could it just be a bad hose that cannot hold its shape after years of sitting I think the bottom hoses have spring inside but am I correct the top ones do not.

sure looks like the hose collapsed. Could it just be a bad hose that cannot hold its shape after years of sitting I think the bottom hoses have spring inside but am I correct the top ones do not.
The top hose is the return to radiator for coolant, bottom is the feed (suction) and needs the internal spring to keep it from collapsing due to the water pump suction. This being a 1972 would there be a overflow tank for the radiator on the car by that year? (puke tank)
Radiator caps work via pressure and release pressure at a certain psi to prevent hoses from bursting and loosing all coolant. they also will suck air or coolant back in when the engine cools down with a one way return valve, when you see a upper hose collapsed like this it usually means the one way return valve on the radiator cap is not working and is most likely on a very old car to be corroded or jammed up with gunk. As the coolant cools it contracts and if it can't draw air back into the system the upper hose will collapse. (easy fix)

Looking back at the shroud on this one makes me think that the shroud is not the right one or is installed upside down.
Believe me I just watched a Tube video of best of 2023 'Customer States' where some <ahem> TECH put brand new disc brake pads in backwards...

:BangHead:

The top hose is the return to radiator for coolant, bottom is the feed (suction) and needs the internal spring to keep it from collapsing due to the water pump suction. This being a 1972 would there be a overflow tank for the radiator on the car by that year? (puke tank)
Radiator caps work via pressure and release pressure at a certain psi to prevent hoses from bursting and loosing all coolant. they also will suck air or coolant back in when the engine cools down with a one way return valve, when you see a upper hose collapsed like this it usually means the one way return valve on the radiator cap is not working and is most likely on a very old car to be corroded or jammed up with gunk. As the coolant cools it contracts and if it can't draw air back into the system the upper hose will collapse. (easy fix)

Looking back at the shroud on this one makes me think that the shroud is not the right one or is installed upside down.
Believe me I just watched a Tube video of best of 2023 'Customer States' where some <ahem> TECH put brand new disc brake pads in backwards...

Family 1972 Imperial did not originally have overflow tank. I don't think 73 NYB had one either.

on most 72's that wa a open system thet was not etup with a coolent recovery system but u can convert them to that

Back