SOLD 1972 Chrysler Newport Custom-$2500 Need Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasBoot70

Reaction score
Contact seller
Location- Olean NY 14760
Price $2500 OBO
7-4pm are my working hours so no calls plz. I don’t get on here too much but I’ll try to keep up when I can.

This car did not run or drive stop when I bought it.

1972 Chrysler Newport Custom no post car
400ci
New motor mounts
New pitman arm
New weilend intake
New Msd distributor and wires
New starter that took a crap already.
600cfm eddy with both lokar cables
New front Calipers from Rock auto last year. (We know how hard those are to find) brakes are ok. Car was on the road all last year till the starter gave issues this yr. Has mini starter.
Missing some trim.
Has rust.
Front me never is janky. Someone put sheet metal pieces on it. Lifts find on lift.
Tires are older.
Has hubcaps
Ac does NOT work. There’s a leak somewhere.
Heat does work but the climate control is odd. And doesn’t change the vents. Hissing noises.

Has factory 8 track. Plus two more 8 tracks that someone added with some I’m sure at one time really nice speakers/ tweeters. No boom boom stuff. Sometimes they work and sometimes not. The setup is wild lol

I know the ignition switch is janky in the column. I since wired a little switch from the battery to coil and ran it like that all last yr as it was my daily.

I originally bought this car to big block swap my Fury but sorta fell in love with it then and got it on the road.

Has 8-3/4 489 case rear end.

Exhaust shop put a muffler and tailpipe on

Also has rear defrost.
Interior smells funky and the carpet is falling apart. But the rest of the interior is pretty nice.

Reverse lights don’t work. Never really dig into it as to why but The bulbs work on test bench.

Back brakes were replaced last yr. Made a odd noise the e brake cable disconnected from the arm and was grinding around. Lever was removed.

Floors from what I see have some rust. I believe the windshield leaks.

It rides so nice tho.

It’s obviously not perfect but personally don’t think it deserves being junked.

All the glass is good. Doors open and close nicely.

Looks to have had some patch work done on the rears and trunk.

With all this being said. Why am I selling?
Well. I worked for a company Siemens Energy ( Formally known as Dresser Rand) for 9yrs here in Olean NY. They gave us a closing notice last year 2/2/21 and seized manufacturing here. I sold my new truck and got the Newport on the road and rocking. She was my daily all year until I was laid off with no return. Bought a beater truck with my severance and pretty much parked it and drove it when I wanted too.

Making some financial adjustments and need to sell off some of my stuff.

Thank you for your time in reading this long post lol.

57A835B2-D6F3-492C-9909-C65766884F96.jpeg

94BE9331-9DB3-4522-9C5C-5931BE3C1FFD.jpeg

46297DDD-DCCA-4AEF-80E6-B8EF98DE0FD8.jpeg

67053E36-DD42-42D4-91DD-92F6358403B5.jpeg

00441C25-0D82-43B2-BDFF-957FF8DA7E43.jpeg

47EBE956-683C-47BF-A713-29F6C836C397.jpeg

D9A0B1A5-AEAC-4238-87C5-7DB9CA10AD31.jpeg

6657989F-AEB4-466D-BAA7-8674E5AD694A.jpeg

A2B8C676-4AE2-4A40-892B-5D05A868C81D.jpeg

64167D58-5DB1-45C0-8848-9F7ECFCC7C13.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the sale of CM43M2C123454 -- it sports a rare color (EA9). Questions:

1. can you describe the windshield leakage, and whether there is any rust in other places than on the floors -- in particular, are you aware of any around the roof (A pillars, rear window, or bubbling elsewhere)?
2. odds and ends: does the cruise control work?

Good luck with the sale of CM43M2C123454 -- it sports a rare color (EA9). Questions:

1. can you describe the windshield leakage, and whether there is any rust in other places than on the floors -- in particular, are you aware of any around the roof (A pillars, rear window, or bubbling elsewhere)?
Cruise doesn’t work. It’s all there that I can see.

As for the windshield. Someone put some black sealer around it? Missing a piece of trim.

Someone removed the vinyl top and painted it.

I can take some more pics tomorrow to address your questions.

Has some paint issues on the driver door. Some rust above the rear wheels. Does it have bondo? I honestly don’t even know.

Just curious, what the heck is mounted under the dash next to your YETI cup holder?

If someone caulked around the windshield, I'd be looking for hidden rust in the cowl area behind the wiper linkage. I lost a '71 to rot in this area....

Good luck with the sale.

Just curious, what the heck is mounted under the dash next to your YETI cup holder?

If someone caulked around the windshield, I'd be looking for hidden rust in the cowl area behind the wiper linkage. I lost a '71 to rot in this area....

Good luck with the sale.
It’s some weird stereo component with knobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back