SOLD 1972 chrysler newport royal 2dr hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbyrd

Reaction score
Contact seller
selling my 1972 chrysler newport royal 2 door hardtop. the original owner of the car, bought it new in mt.vernon,in, where it lived there and 19 miles south in evansville,in till may of 2022. have his original paperwork, and numerous receipts. the elderly gentleman took the car off the road in spring of 2006, put it in his garage, where he tinkered with it till his passing in 2010. i purchased the car, and have slowly working on it as time permits.
as evident by the pics, PO started preparring the car for a repaint. vinyl top was peeled off, roof was painted, then a new vinyl top put back on. looks like he was planning a color change to silver.
body is 98%+ rust/rot free, 2 spots on passenger side are shown in pics, the driverside, where he started, had no rust in those spots.
pans, subframe, underside is clean with no rot.
she is a factory FE5 rallye red car. she is also a factory "T" code 440 car. backed up with 727 and 2.94 geared sure-grip rear.
car has 81,XXX actual/original miles on it.
interior, aside from needing a good deep cleaning, is about as mint as you could ask for. black vinyl bench seats, have no tears, rips, or separating seams. dash pad has no cracks or damage, door panels, armrest, carpet, headliner, are great. rear package tray could use a re-spray.
i have done the following since i got her:
new powder coated TQR gas tank, sending unit, straps and j-bolts
new monroe shocks f/r
new brakes f/r (calipers rebuilt, rotors turned, new pads, hoses,front lines, rear drums turned, new wheel cylinders, shoes, hardware kits, hose,)
fluids and filters
radiator flush and clean (installed overflow tank to system)
new distributor, cap,rotor, plugs, wires, coil
new edelbrock AVS-2 650 carb with electric choke
factory dual exhaust car, now has new flowmaster mufflers.
new 15x7 american racing torque-thrust TTO wheels and cooper cobra radial GT's, 215/70's front, 255/60's on rear. (these have about 700 miles on them)
everything on the car works as it should. all lights, factory A/C still blows cool, still R12. wipers, blinkers, etc. yes, gas gauge works right, even the "low fuel" light works on cluster.
car runs and drives great. we drove her on a 400 mile round trip in october to lebanon TN. averaged 14mpg. rides and drives smooth. would not hesitate to drive it anywhere.
worse thing she needs is a repaint, or, partial. the actual original paint (look at pic) will buff out nicely.
side trim was removed and gone, (i was goint to shave that trim anyway), i have the trim for rear around vinyl top, all emblems, clips, reverse lights, original air cleaner, steel wheels, hubcaps, center caps for the torque thrust, etc.
clean, clear, open title on the car as well.
price is $7500 OBO. NO trades, NOT separating anything, NO need to ask about anything in the background.
PM me here if you have specific questions or are seriously interested. if you don't like my price, you can keep that to yourself, and keep scrolling....
i have a couple other projects i would rather finish/get too, but, it can sell or stay. not going to hurt my feelings either way.
car is pretty rare with color and equipment, and hard to find in this good of shape.
thanks for looking!!!

00012.jpg

00013.jpg

00014.jpg

00015.jpg

00016.jpg

00017.jpg

00018.jpg

00019.jpg

00020.jpg

00021.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting CL23T2C200860 -- the FE5 red / T-code 440 combo has to be very rare, especially on a Newport Royal.

Do you have photos of the underside, close-ups of the rear window surround / pillars / sail panels, & the trunk pan?

PS: @Chrysler440Florida might be interested so I am tagging him.

i didnt take any pics of the underside of the floors while it was up in the air, but, there is no rot on th floors top or bottom. i have owned, and restored multiple mopars in 30+ years of dealing with rust-belt mopars, lol, im well versed in the areas. nearly rust-free mopars are scarce. one of the reasons i picked this one up.
ill get pics of trunk today, and closer pics of pillars. there was no bubbles, pimples or rust on roof, and, it was sanded, primed and painted silver before vinyl top was put back on. you can PM me with your contact number, easier to send pics and/or discuss. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back