1972 Fury coupe cop car

What year started the white steering wheel era for CHP cars, earliest I remember was 61 Mopars.

$T2eC16R,!yEE9s5jFQ,FBQidy3edsQ~~60_3.jpgI bought off a guy on ebay a few years ago

$T2eC16R,!yEE9s5jFQ,FBQidy3edsQ~~60_3.jpg

What year started the white steering wheel era for CHP cars, earliest I remember was 61 Mopars.

I will have to ask, I know someone with a 61 and he probably knows.

I have a real bad picture of a 60 and it looks to be black but it is a bad picture.

Alan

And how do they get away with feeding their egos?
Throw those little letters on there.

"What do you need that kind of bike for?"
"Special Ops..."
"Oh. OK."

15vs6t.jpg

What kind of Special Ops require a highly visible Rice Rocket?
There is no Special Ops in reality.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol started running two Hayabusas three years ago. They now have eight. The first two were "drug bust" bikes, and the later ones were purchased by the OHP. Sneaky bastards.

Was that car from a collector that had several former squads? I would see them on ebay and seldom did they sell thru listing several times. Your squad looks alot like my '70 Fury III ex-Washington state squad.

yes he was from Michigan and sounded like he had a collection, I think he was interested in former police cars.

yes he was from Michigan and sounded like he had a collection, I think he was interested in former police cars.
Lucky dog! Absolutely (biased of course) love it!! Post up an engine/trunk/ interior shot if you can.

Love the car. Just wondering if it the same one I saw for sale about five years go on-line??

that is a real nice car and I am jealous. would you know where the windshield blower motor is located on theses furys?? looking for a little help.

that is a real nice car and I am jealous. would you know where the windshield blower motor is located on theses furys?? looking for a little help.
I think you have to remove the right inner fender to get access, I'll double check the FSM when I get home.

From the FSM: The blower motor is mounted to the engine side housing under the right front fender between the inner fender shield and the fender. The inner fender shield must be removed to service either the blower motor or engine side housing.IMG_0598.jpgIMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

jims cell 406.jpgjims cell 402.jpg
one thing I found interesting on the car was it had an electric inside trunk release :note silver button on bottom right of the dash

jims cell 406.jpg

jims cell 402.jpg

do you know when they started putting these on police cars, it just looks like a big clunky piece added on

Back