1972 Fury Speedo Cable Question

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I pulled my dash because of HL switch and wiring issues. I unclipped the white speedo cable connector, but didn't see that the cable was stuck in the instrument cluster. This happened when I pulled the cluster bezel out to disconnect the wires. I pushed the cable back in. Will it still work? Thanks
20180207_150401.jpg

Pushed in
20180207_150921.jpg

The cable isn't fixed into the housing so yes, it should still work, after sliding it back into position simply try to turn it with your fingers, it should resist you. If it turns freely, try pushing it in further as the square end at the gear drive in the transmission may simply not be lined up, slowly turning it while pushing should get it bedded properly. If for some reason after you have tried all this and the cable still turns then remove the gear drive from the side of the transmission and inspect that end.

I pushed the cable in until the front of the cable was slightly inside the outer edge of the white clamp. I then tried to turn it with a pair of needle nose pliers. The cable was very resistant to turning. It would snap back after one quarter turn clockwise with the needle nose pliers. I think its OK. Thanks again, Gary, for the directions
20180209_154255.jpg

Back