For Sale 1972 gold Chrysler New Yorker (Palm Spring, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. For sale in Palm Spring, CA; advertised on FB and CL. One picture only, looks like GY8. The seller describes the car as having 97k miles and being in "fair condition". FWIW, a gold NYB in superb cosmetic condition sold last year for $7.4k.

00707_5pTmw0mG33v_1200x900.jpg

Taking a photo while still washing the car with the hose clearly in sight too makes this a new pinnacle of efforts to sell a vehicle - and using a broom brush to wash it is also the epitome of laziness. A car like that will need a lot of maintenance work that would not be inexpensive once the total adds up.

I personally like the colors a lot, but probably best to get a lower mileage one. A view of the interior would help a lot in determining the wisdom of buying such a vehicle. Palm Springs is a very hot place much of the year.

When I read the condition as "fair" it makes me pause, but at least the seller seems to be fairly upfront about things.

Non-op for one possible strike. Will need to be towed for a second probable strike. In fair condition so honest or is that an over statement as is common on Craigslist? A broom to wash car. A vinyl roof that has seen better days. Now how many strikes is that as I lost count?

I love the front end on these cars.I just thought the 73 front end was abrupt.The 73 Fury was excellent though.One of my favorite designs with it,s lovely rear end,blush,you know what i mean.The tail lights!!B.B

Not mine. For sale in Palm Spring, CA; advertised on FB and CL.

View attachment 373550

What a picture, :rofl:. They couldn't get a better one when it was washed and dried?! Oh yeah and, HOSE! Looks like a great car but the seller needs more pictures and a better description of the car. How does it run, does everything work, any rot, how is the interior? (You know that type of stuff):wtf:

Not mine. For sale in Palm Spring, CA; advertised on FB and CL. One picture only, looks like GY8. The seller describes the car as having 97k miles and being in "fair condition". FWIW, a gold NYB in superb cosmetic condition sold last year for $7.4k.

View attachment 373550
But look at the rare Curb Feeler on the rear wheel opening Gotta be worth at least a buck three-eighty!

The seller responded to my inquiry for photos of the interior. Here they are. Looks like the car spent quite a bit of time outside in the sun -- cue the vinyl top and the steering wheel discoloration. I am out.

20200430_165506.jpg

20200430_165509.jpg

20200430_165516.jpg

20200430_165519.jpg

Hey, i love the head rests with the nail polish incinerator coating ,heh,or the self destructo cloth interior option.At least it comes pre-worn so you don,t get mad and elbow your kid in the head for getting dairy queen all over the seats.Maybe somebody was using the interior to haul cords of wood.Heh.B.B P.S I,m still angry about the black 2 door fusey Imp. rotting away in New Jersey.The owner says it,s been sitting outside for, wait for it,....15 %#%$^#@*!!!!!! YEARS!!!!!!!!! Yeah,oh,let,s not forget to thank you for turning this car into a Titanic like rusticle,roof wise anyway.GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! B.B

The price of the car is way too high, but if it is rust-free it might be a good starting point for someone who likes 1972 NYers. Here is another '72 NYer with a tan interior that would be a very good parts car for the one in Palm Spring -- for example, the seats should clean up nicely. Unfortunately, it is on the other side of the country.

814416121856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=hw-ETxvzn1kAX-rvize&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

402743033856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=mHYhuPi7I4IAX9PKudD&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

664125542400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=KeaUN5vRCo8AX83qcbo&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

679607246848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=hgkTo0OWEMsAX9mK7Ah&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

The asking price is down to $3,5k on FB, though still $5.5k on CL. No additional pics or info at either location. The CL ad is now 24 days old, the FB ad is 2 weeks old (only the price has been updated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back