WANTED 1972 (or 73) Fury Instrument Cluster Dash Trim Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for a 1972 or 1973 Plymouth Fury dash trim panel (no other years, no Dodge or Chrysler). My car is not AC, so it cannot have a vent on the left side. Also, it must have the same 3 switch openings. All of them have HL and WW, but R Wind for Rear Window Defrost is optional. I prefer no cracks. Please see if what you have matches the pics below, then post pics and price. Thanks for your help with my 1972 Fury III
20180207_141155.jpg

20180207_142645.jpg

20180207_152109.jpg

20180207_152146.jpg

20180207_153541.jpg

20180208_135237.jpg

Remember who you're helping
20180121_152503.jpg

C-Body Bob is bringing home a '73. Maybe it'll have the surround that you need. I wouldn't worry too much about putting in one with the A/C vent, as it won't do any harm just sitting there. It's going to be tough to find a wood-grained surround for a non-A/C car. The wagons use that same extra switch position for the power rear window, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a surround with the "R. WINDOW" switch hole. Also, the rear window defogger was a pretty popular option, as most all of my Furys have it.

Jeff

C-Body Bob is bringing home a '73. Maybe it'll have the surround that you need. I wouldn't worry too much about putting in one with the A/C vent, as it won't do any harm just sitting there. It's going to be tough to find a wood-grained surround for a non-A/C car. The wagons use that same extra switch position for the power rear window, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a surround with the "R. WINDOW" switch hole. Also, the rear window defogger was a pretty popular option, as most all of my Furys have it.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Gary Wollfen said same about Bob's car. We talked on the phone last night. Bob is supposed to bring the car home on Friday, so Gary is going to look at it Friday and see what it has. I sent Gary pics of my dash. He said there's a possibility that the vent delete insert is glued in. Maybe we can get it loose and turn Bob's dash from W AC to WO AC. One limitation, I will not buy without R. Wind opening. Hope this North Carolina car has that option!

FYI, Vacuum Orna-Metal rejected my dash for repair (sent them pics too). I am definitely interested to see what's out there. It would not have to have wood grained surround. What cars were made without the wood grain?

BTW, great info on the reason for the R. Wind abbreviation! :thankyou: Ben

Here is picture of mine. The vent is screwed in as shown in the last picture. From the pictures of yours it looks like the delete plates will come out. Probably just a tab. The one picture of yours shows the delete plate for clock in, the next out. so they must be able to be removed easily. If your still looking for under dash piece I may have that also.

DSC06887.JPG

DSC06884.JPG

DSC06885.JPG

DSC06888.JPG

Last edited:
Here is picture of mine. The vent is screwed in as shown in the last picture. From the pictures of yours it looks like the delete plates will come out. Probably just a tab. The one picture of yours shows the delete plate for clock in, the next out. so they must be able to be removed easily. If your still looking for under dash piece I may have that also.

Hi Quantum. Thanks for the pics! I have a parts swap going with Gary Wollfen. IOW, I'm trading him some door & qtr window panels for interior parts from C-Body Bob's car. I should know how that works within a week. If I still need anything, I'll let you know. Ben

I drove 6 hours round-trip to North Carolina today to do a part swap with Gary Wollfen. Gary thinks he can restore mine.

Non-AC is important. Gary knows his stuff and he says that the vent delete panel looks integral to the trim panel. In other words it can’t be removed and installed in another panel. Gary is supposed to let me know something in a week. If my panel can’t be properly restored, I am definitely interested, as long as your panel is non-AC and has the opening for R Wind. Thanks. Ben

I drove 6 hours round-trip to North Carolina today to do a part swap with Gary Wollfen. Gary thinks he can restore mine.

Non-AC is important. Gary knows his stuff and he says that the vent delete panel looks integral to the trim panel. In other words it can’t be removed and installed in another panel. Gary is supposed to let me know something in a week. If my panel can’t be properly restored, I am definitely interested, as long as your panel is non-AC and has the opening for R Wind. Thanks. Ben
No problem.just let me know. As I said I will not be needing it as mine is non-woodgrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back