:wideyed::eek:
1972 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe - $12,500 - El Cerrito, California

eBay Description

Condition: Used
Seller Notes: “Gorgeous car that time forgot”
Year: 1972 Mileage: 32333
Model: Fury Vehicle Title: Clean
Make: Plymouth
This is the COOLEST car in the Best condition that we have had in forever. WE love this Plymouth Fury and have named it Owl Eyes. We got the nickname from our Scandinavian friend Aki who loves these as much as we do. The car had come out in the local want ads and was just sitting there forever. Everybody was talking about it. Then everyone who emailed the guy got a reply on a Friday at 7pm. The guy said he would post the address at 10am and the carguys could come over and make a deal. I looked long and hard at the architecture and figured out it was in the little town of Alameda down by the waters edge. I looked around Alameda from about 9am on that Saturday morning. At 10am exactly the man posted the address and I was only 4 minutes away! I raced over and paid for the car, it was 10:15.

We freshened up the battery and fuel and after some coaxing Owl Eyes rumbled and groaned to a start before settling into the most perfect idle. There is tons of handwritten receipts from a local service station that are so old they've turned yellow. The guys did the car justice as that old 360 runs as good as anything we've got. The front right brake caliper is very pissed at being woken up and sticks when it wants to. The transmission shifts ok but we fear there is too much fluid in there. We have not driven this car more than up and down the block. The top is a dream come true. Practically flawless vinyl top on a 49 year old car! the interior is just as nice however the drivers seat is just starting to give up at a couple seams. The finish is pretty dang good and I would call it a 10 footer but you might get away with 6. Whoever gets this car is going to be STOKED on the condition and I don't think you could have a cooler car to tool around in. Harris
s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg
s-l1600-10.jpg
s-l1600-11.jpg

This HB1 Plymouth is being flipped, at almost double the old ask despite the flipper's doing essentially no work: NOT MINE - NOT MINE

Note that the current mileage is 99 miles less than in the old ad: the new ad has a typo in all likelihood (run around the block = 1 mile extra). I like it, regardless of the vastly inflated price, the typo, and the need for a thorough mechanical go-over.

Last edited:
I figured the price, being that high, meant a flip somewhere. To me, this is an $8K car, tops.

Funny...they exchanged the plate...the plate on the orginal ad was 930 EDX

looks like it's for sale in The Netherlands now - MOPARMANIA - 1972 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe 360 V8
the price is "to be determined" currently..
edit - according to this FB ad - the price is €18,750 (USD 22k) bruh..

You expect a guy exporting a car to Europe to be asking anywhere close to what he bought it for here? He pays transport all the way there. Customs. VAT. Other ridiculous EU taxes and fees. So, yes, it's going to be a $22K car all day long in the Netherlands.

living in germany now

Carsten

Hello, I have bought this car in netherlands and has it shipped to Germany. :thumbsup: I am very happy but it's not with me yet. Is still in the repair shop for the german road approval (TÜV). Now it's also snow time here. I am looking forward to next spring

Hello, I have bought this car in netherlands and has it shipped to Germany. :thumbsup: I am very happy but it's not with me yet. Is still in the repair shop for the german road approval (TÜV). Now it's also snow time here. I am looking forward to next spring

we know each other already from the german Mopar-Forum.
I posted the link to this thread just an hour ago

Carsten

Welcome @Pixel -- would love to see you create a thread for this great car!

Welcome @Pixel -- would love to see you create a thread for this great car!

Yes I will do it. But now I dont have many pics of this car in Germany. A few from the shipping to me and the pics from the dealer in netherland.

Funny...they exchanged the plate...the plate on the orginal ad was 930 EDX

Very sad that the original blue plates were not included. Now I'm looking for a company that can stamping new ones ... "930 EDX" do you have a good address? They also send to Germany?

They would be of no use to me in Germany. But for meetings and foto shootings I would like to have them.

Back