For Sale 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger/Heaavy Duty.3250.Lakewood Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is interesting to note...didnt most, if not all hemi 4-speeds come with the dana from the factory? post 68(?) anyways

it is interesting to note...didnt most, if not all hemi 4-speeds come with the dana from the factory? post 68(?) anyways
Yes. My presumption was always that Hemi 4 spd = Dana.
Of course, I was basing this on B&E bodies.
That 8¾ in a 4spd Hemi Dart probably didn't last too long... :p
Probably relied on the U-joints to act as shear pins.

The 68 a bodies had Dana 60 in them to make them legal for super stock with Dana the automatics had 8 3/4 also to make that rear end legal for super stock. Had to be produced by the factory not just something you dreamed up, after enough were produced then you could build one out of any /6 or whatever.
The original cars used 66 B body width axels which area if I remember 1 1/2 wider 3/4 per side, when you see photos of back in the day they have a funny looking rear wheels. There are some errors in that specs sheet, 12.5:1 compression was always standard in race Hemi, there was no modified horsepower rating, NHRA did this after car started stomping the hell out of everybody, sandbagging only last so long. Chrysler always put the (who me) face on and rated horsepower low when introducing a package car so did other manufacturers. The clutch should be a 11" but may have been a scalloped to save weight.
I believe the front brakes were 10.5 drums also to save weight.

Last edited:
The 68 a bodies had Dana 60 in them to make them legal for super stock
But... but.... but...

PicsArt_06-18-03.42.13.jpg

Update...
OK, I'm researching the crap out of LO23 Darts and apparently the specs shown above was written by a moron.
Old adage holds true.
Auto = 8¾
4 spd = 9¼

Last edited:
A lot of the 'rare' items were standard.

The most interesting thing, and not mentioned so far, is this car codes V08....but why? E2L3 was acceptable with the GK6 paint....

A lot of the 'rare' items were standard.

The most interesting thing, and not mentioned so far, is this car codes V08....but why? E2L3 was acceptable with the GK6 paint....
Translation in Engligh please.

No 9.75 ring gear. 9.25 is a Chrysler rear end. That spec sheet was written by a magazine or something quotes a time run at Milan Mi in 1989 all initial testing was done on these cars in CA. In the winter months of 1967-68.

Wow i Challenged Stan's Knowledge and won...i will take this Win in stride. I still got alot to learn, and being arrogant is not the right attitude to have.

Wow i Challenged Stan's Knowledge and won...i will take this Win in stride. I still got alot to learn, and being arrogant is not the right attitude to have.
You have an unfair advantage.
A brain that is still sharp...

Translation in Engligh please.

When a car was ordered with a non recommended interior and exterior color combination, the car received the code V08 meaning 'trim waver'. This was short for 'we told the guy that ordered it the combination would look goofy but he insisted this is what he wanted so we built it'.

Unless my eyes deceive me, this car carries the V08 code but I do not know why as that interior/exterior scheme was an approved combination.

When a car was ordered with a non recommended interior and exterior color combination, the car received the code V08 meaning 'trim waver'. This was short for 'we told the guy that ordered it the combination would look goofy but he insisted this is what he wanted so we built it'.

Unless my eyes deceive me, this car carries the V08 code but I do not know why as that interior/exterior scheme was an approved combination.
I'm terrible with tags.

Do you see anything in this one tgat is out of the ordinary?

00101_4uZxRM3ceM8_600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back