NOT MINE 1973 Dodge Polara Sedan - $10,800 - Lake Arrowhead, California

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 19 hours old.

1973 Dodge Polara Sedan - $10,800 - Lake Arrowhead, California

CL Description

One owner. Never needs a smog! 1973 Dodge Polara automatic, I am second owner, all original, new tires, new battery, new carburator, new Blaupunkt cd player with bluetooth hands free connection, new Blaupunkt speakers, ooga horn, military police sirens, new fresh synthetic oils and filters in engine and transmission, new coolant, straight pipes, straight body, 8 cylinders, automatic, has no problems at all, it runs very good, engine purrs! Pink slip in hand and on my name, registered until March 2022. 47k original miles, drives smooth, has no issues. It has A/C which was converted to R134A. Immaculate in and out, must see to appreciate. I am in no rush to sell this amazing unique collectible classic. Needs a good scrub as it has not been washed in a few good years. Paint this beauty and you have a classic piece of automobile history. Comes with free cover, 1973 metal gas canister and blue original plates, safe for gun or cash, jumper cables, full size spare, fire extinguisher, etc. too many to list (all inside the trunk). Has dashcam installed inside, 16GB memory, must see to appreciate! If post is up, vehicle is still available. Will show by appointment. One of the few Mopar still on the road today. You can drive this car right now to Ney York and back with no issue, it is amazing! Two sets of original keys with Mopar Dodge original keychains. Asking $10,800 OBO. Text me at (I'm not gonna Dox the dude, it's in the ad)
00v0v_9GDrcIedALhz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00u0u_3OqSTAV2yZmz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00000_dbX7DX8qOd1z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_1amxoBOwivmz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00000_1Q6AwFFXoVSz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_lXW5rLIcBkEz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
01111_jSIlw430TSdz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_h3BnzsnBfEPz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_ipQFPERD6ziz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
01313_9jkKHeIev8dz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I wonder if the seats/dashpad/armrests are really very nice given how the door panel looks - seems like it has seen a lot of sun but likely has no rust - the usual tradeoff with a Calif car....................

I'm wondering what the toggle switches next to the trunk latch are for?

I'm wondering what the toggle switches next to the trunk latch are for?
Those are stick on led battery powered anywhere lights that you see on the impulse buy shelf at the store checkout.
So take it that it has no trunk light or it doesn't work.

Asking price has dropped to $8,600....what do you guys think this thing is actually worth/what would be a fair offer for it?
asking for a friend...

Asking price has dropped to $8,600....what do you guys think this thing is actually worth/what would be a fair offer for it?
asking for a friend...
Would really have to know what's under those ugly seat covers to be sure but I'm not seeing 8K.

Paid $5500 for this 72 this week.10k miles on fresh 360,727
500 miles on 8.75 3.55 suregrip.Needs interior restored.

20210504_102249.jpg

That looks really clean especially if it came from the Michigan area. Even the plastic front valence looks good, which almost never is the case anymore. Great find.

DL41G3D241159 is back up for sale -

1973 Dodge Polara Sedan - $13,000
- Temecula, California (the listing 2 says old at the time of posting)

CL Description

Reluctantly selling my 1973 Dodge Polara that I've had for about half a year. It's my first and only car, and I hate to part with it, but the way gas prices are, I can't afford to hold onto it. I've been using it as my daily driver, and it's time I get something smaller and better on gas. Purchased from previous owner in October of 2021. They made quite a few changes to the car, including replacing the radio and speaker system with a newer Blaupunkt CD player system (Bluetooth compatible), replacing the horn with an OOGA/klaxon horn, adding a PA system (can be turned on and off), adding some sort of speaker towards the rear of the car that repeats a backup alert (that I think is adorable, but others find annoying), and a dashcam. There may be a few other things that I'm forgetting, but that's what stands out. Now, this car is by no means perfect and is not without its fair share of headaches, but it's given me a lot of joy in the time that I've owned it, so I have no problem borrowing my mom's Prius until I find someone willing to pay the price i'm asking. Now, here are the pros and cons...

Pros:
-Very spacious: It's a four door land yacht from the 70's, so most people will have no problem fitting in this car. Also has plenty of trunk space, even with a full-size spare tire in there.
-Comfortable: Cushy bench seats in the front and rear, so you'll feel like you're sitting on a couch during your drive and your *** won't go numb after a while.
-Pre-smog: Since this car was manufactured before1975, it doesn't have to pass a smog inspection every year, so you save yourself some money on that, plus you can go crazy with the engine modifications if you want, or put something new in there entirely (currently has Chrysler 318 5.2L V8 engine).
-Registration paid- Registration tags have been paid and are good until February of 2023.
-Center of attention- At every traffic light, every gas station, and every parking lot, this car will stand out, and people will look at you, smile at you, and they may come up to talk to you about the car.
-New stuff: Has newer battery, new oil, new brakes (which cost me an arm and a leg to fix), new exhaust, and receipts for all, if not most of it.
-No structural damage- It's an old car, and it has some surface rust in areas, but nothing that compromises its structural integrity. I don't think I'd be here typing this ad if it did.
-Misc.- Has a cute little handmade wooden center console with some cupholders and space for other items, has a holder for your sunglasses, a mirror, floor mats, the aforementioned dash-cam and PA system, a warning light that sticks onto the car's roof magnetically, spare sets of keys, owner's manual and repair manual, spare tire, jack stand, tire iron/lug wrench, and a small electronic safe with its own keys in case the code slips your mind.

Cons:
-Age- This car is nearly 50 years old, and is showing signs of wear and tear on both the inside and outside. Most notable is the cracked Bondo on the left C pillar (The result of the car's original vinyl top being removed and the empty space being filled with body filler some time in the 70's) Also needs plenty of work mechanically, and it has a few "quirks" as a result of that. List of stuff that needs fixing includes belts, bushings, hoses, spark plugs, distributor, etc.
-No A/C or heater-Hope you like driving with the windows down most of the time, because the A/C does not work, and neither does the heater, so any late night drives will need to be done with a sweater on.
-Noisy- Apart from all the squeaks and rattles a car this age should be expected to have, it has a dual exit aftermarket exhaust system with no mufflers that is very loud. I love it, but I know it's not everyone's style, so I included it in the cons. Upside is that the pipes don't go all the way to the end of the car, so you could just put mufflers on where it stops and continue the tailpipe the rest of the way.
-Doors- Front passenger door locks and unlocks with key, but the actual knob is loose and doesn't work. Rear left passenger door handle doesn't work, door only opens from the inside.
-Starting delay- If the car has been sitting for a few hours and cooling off, the engine may need a while to warm up before you can actually start driving. Normally doesn't take longer than 5 minutes, but once in a blue moon it takes longer. I attribute this to the distributor starting to go bad.
-Gas hog-This should come as no surprise, but this car chugs gas like it's still 30 cents a gallon. I recommend using this car as a Sunday cruiser instead of a daily driver like I've been using it.
-Varying performance- Sometimes this car rips through the streets like a rocket ship, and other times it drudges along like a moody teenager. This is probably also a distributor problem.

That's pretty much all that anyone seeing this needs to know about the car. Anything else can be asked of me through text or email. Please, cash buyers only. Lowball offers will be promptly ignored. Thank you for reading this and have a good day.
00b0b_9bbZMrrpHBNz_0lG0sU_1200x900.jpg
01717_5Q8WwwXMxXDz_0l80sa_1200x900.jpg
00O0O_3QredMtS81Dz_0tL0mk_1200x900.jpg
01414_aJDeuoTerfUz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00Q0Q_jqfi6wlYFJZz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00P0P_9l76HJb3UfMz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00y0y_aJILB12O6VQz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00x0x_4SkWCDPH7Ayz_0lL0t2_1200x900.jpg
00V0V_f4BdjkDrzuez_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_dmr1GQt9IHEz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

So this car was up for sale in Sept. of last year at $8700 and it didn't sell and now it is listed at $13,000? :realcrazy:

So this car was up for sale in Sept. of last year at $8700 and it didn't sell and now it is listed at $13,000? :realcrazy:
Oh, HELL no. That makes mine easily $20K (and it isn't) based on this run of the mill sedan.

Center of attention- At every traffic light, every gas station, and every parking lot, this car will stand out, and people will look at you, smile at you, and they may come up to talk to you about the car.

and the above is bullshit and I ought to know as the only car of mine to ever get a comment and it got two this week in front of my house and that was my F100. Both my pristine Mustang and Cougar where out today and made stops at busy gas stations with nary a look. No one notices the big Dodge or big Merc.

Last edited:

Should have noticed sooner but the text clued me in (Center of attention is a common phrase used) that we have someone flipping the car.

eeeeeeeeeeeee Even thou it now has 2k more miles on it now, I don't believe the Daily Driver hype, previous CL listing of May 2021 (I think there was another list) buyer sez bought in Oct 2021 eeeeeeeee how far is it from Lake Arrowhead (San Berdoo Mtns) to Temecula (lower Orange Cnty)? And the "Lowball offers will be promptly ignored" is: I've already lowballed the **** outta this one ya ain't gonna destroy my 'Cha'Ching' $$$$$ I smell flip all over this one, maybe if they de-dodat'ed it but that's not worth the extra 10 grand I suspect was the lowball before the no lowball statement. Sum'body been watching that 'Gold Rush' show.

I take it all back, the car has NO EXAUST! They are insane.

Last edited:
It kills me that the exhaust has no mufflers or tailpipes and he thinks it's a "personal preference rather than regulation" :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

In California? NO! In any vehicle inspection state the car would be illegal and dangerous to drive. ie NOT ROAD WORTHY! :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Back