1973 Imperial shocks.

I just did a test fit of the KG5412 shocks on my Imperial. They don't allow enough drop for wheel to be reinstalled.
I will wait to see what the KG5413 give me for clearance.
The Online Imperial club has a listing from KYB of KG5423. I thought it to be a bit too long, here is a link. Year Specific Shock Absorber Information For Your (Chrysler) Imperial
Let me know how those KG5413's work. I ordered a pair of those, as well as a pair of KG5512's to see which ones would be better for my '68 Imperial.

I am on to the front shocks today, plenty more work involved on the fronts. Torsion bar undone, popped the upper ball joint, disengaged sway bar, lowered lower control arm to release old shock, compressed and zip tied new shocks, having a break for the dog needing a walk, now a beverage and get back at it.
IMG_0892.jpeg
IMG_0893.jpeg

Shocks installed, everything bolted up. Took for a test drive, very nice improvement. No more bumper crashing dives or rear lifting in the air over road irregularities.
The longer KYB rear shocks KG5413 worked out as needed, allow enough drop for rear wheel re and re. Happy owner/driver here, good bang for the buck.
I hope the front shocks last, will be a pain getting them out with pressure in the shocks. another time.

Perfect and thanks for the information. I ordered the exact same shocks as you did for my '68 Imperial, including the rear 5413's...

Back