For Sale 1973 Newport Custom in CA (400, 4-dr hardtop, Honey gold, road wheels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Hope this is not a repost.

CM43M3C281896 seems to be a beautiful yellow/tan/gold car for sale on eBay.

"1973 Chrysler Newport Custom, super clean, four-door hardtop, yellow (honey gold) exterior with light gold vinyl roof, gold vinyl and cloth interior, front bench seat with individual armrests, AM radio, tilt and telescopic steering, cruise control, air conditioning, rear window defroster, power driver seat, power steering, power brakes, 6.6 L (400 c.i.d.) V8, Torqueflite automatic transmission, 63,850 miles, factory rims, clean title, current CA registration,
re-cored radiator, rebuilt carburetor, and new master cylinder. $7,500 obo
"

Other pictures of the car, when still in AZ, can be found here. Interestingly (or not), the ad at the time stated passage through South Dakota:

"An Idaho car. It was recently retitled in SD for ownership purposes but is still in the state of AZ. The car is located in Mesa/Queen Creek, AZ."

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16009.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16005.jpg

s-l160011.jpg

s-l160012.jpg

s-l16007.jpg

s-l16008.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

Now that is the kind of car you should consider rather than the eastern rusty cars and the high mileage ones. Looks like a sweet car, but always needs eyes on it before buying just to be sure.

Let’s just say that, if I were into ‘73 Newports, I’d already have made a move :)

Now that is the kind of car you should consider rather than the eastern rusty cars and the high mileage ones. Looks like a sweet car, but always needs eyes on it before buying just to be sure.

I agree, Steve. Lovely color. One of my favorites.

I hope someone here buys it before one of the sleazy classic car dealers gets his slimy mitts on it. It will then turn into an $18000 car.

Looks like this car is now on eBay with a buy-it-now of $4,800. Bold added to the new info in the ad"

"This 1973 Chrysler Newport Custom 4-door hardtop sedan is pretty sporty, and the last of the fuselage body style! It has a little over 65,000 miles on it, and is a strong runner. Starts easily cold or hot (the dash lights indicating engine temp even work!), brakes well, very quiet on the road (I drove it to and from LA to Palm Springs with no worries). The steering is tight. The air conditioning is not working (though it was about a week ago). I had it charged and an expansion valve replaced when I received it, and it blew cold air, but got hot again soon afterwards. All the indicator lights, headlights, interior lights all are working, wipers work, too. The car has the optional road wheels, a 6-way power driver's seat, reclining passenger seat, tilt wheel, AM radio (I have a video of the car with the radio playing and car running if you'd like), and the famous rim-blow horn that works. The only issue I note with this car are a few door dings (enlarge the photos to see them) and it looks like someone had a bug guard installed on this- see photo of front clip. It looks like part of the bracket is still under the chrome trim above the grille. The paint looks like an older repaint that is shiny and has a lot of life in it. I had a new vinyl top put on it. The interior has a few conditions to note: driver's door armrest has a small split in the seam, the rear driver's side door armrest has the dye worn off of it, there is a small tear (about 1") in front passenger seat, the color has faded off the top of the dashboard. It's really a delightful car to drive, the color and size get a lot of attention on the road. I wish I could keep it, but I have too many cars and not enough space. Since 2017, this car has also received: tires, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, trans pan gasket, water pump, rebuilt carburetor, gas tank sending unit. The car was sold new in Washington State, then moved to Utah, Arizona, and California. It seems like a very reliable car that is a pleasure to drive. I'll miss that color! I have many more photos and videos, shoot me a message and will share."

Sounds like a very honest seller by the description he gives.
Now if he would just remove those ugly rubber titties, so we could see how ma mopar really designed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back