For Sale 1973 Newport parting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Well I tried to save this car, I didn't have the funds to invest in this machine.
it was rougher and rougher looking as I investigated.
Stuck engine to begin with, and a number of other things that brought me back to the original plans of grabbing key parts and parting the car so others could improve the other Newport's out there

8 3/4 open 2.76 differential sold
Rear springs and associated parts sold
Tail, & marker lights are sold
Front Grille sold
rear view mirror sold
The front stub is sold

The brakes, steering box,electronic ignition parts, front seat and gas tank are spoken for already by me.

It has a400ci 2bbl
727 BB trans
The engine n' transmission is out ready to pick up
Factory A/C that was holding a low charge

The engine is having a hard time rolling over as it has been sitting for many years
the interior is marginal I have removed the scanky old carpeting., door panels are ok but need a good scrubbing
PO had cut out speaker holes in the back doors
The bright work is in decent shape as well but there is a few dents and dings around.as many good metal body parts.
Bumpers are ok with some surface rust and pitting & need a good polishing the bumpettes are ok but separating on the front and better in the rear.
in great shape.

The floor pans are good except the driver's section which can be repaired
There is minor rust issues around the car and it looks like the left rear 1/4 was repaired in the past.
The glass in in good shape with crank windows
in great shape as well as the rest of the under body

Dash pad is burnt but still in one piece with no cracks

Let me know what you are looking for and we will help another Fusie live to see another day!

The price will be right for all parts as I don't want this car hanging around for very long.

Last edited:
Gone by the end of the week
The engine/trans
differential
radiator, shroud and support
washer bottle
stub frame
rear shackles
rear leaf springs
Front grille
front seat
all brakes- my contribution to this :)
all engine electronics under the hood
gas tank, straps
Steering box and related linkage is gone

I wish I was but I can't have this car sitting around

No one wants it as a complete car
Crazy enough 3 have surfaced from barns here and they are 10x better condition than this one plus 2 were less than what I was asking as a complete car and running to boot!

I am not a spam bot.....

The going rate for the entire package is anywhere from #300 to $600 depending on condition and what is included...

Try to get an entire package
P/B brake pedal assembly
Distribution block
Rotors
bearings

even if just for comparison when buying BN replacements
booster
M/C
spindles
rotors
flex hoses

I'm going to compare my rear brakes as well to make sure that all are identical so I don't have to run a manual metering valve to balance the rear brakes

I'm talking to a guy on fleabay and he has the spindels/calipers/rotors for $280 shipped. They look to be in ok shape but you know how pictures are.

I know I would have to get a new master and proportional valve

Personally I rather deal with people on here

I am not a spam bot.....

The going rate for the entire package is anywhere from #300 to $600 depending on condition and what is included...

P/B brake pedal assembly
Distribution block
Rotors
bearings

booster
M/C
spindles
rotors
flex hoses

I'm going to compare my rear brakes as well to make sure that all are identical so I don't have to run a manual metering valve to balance the rear brakes
I'm talking to a guy on fleabay and he has the spindels/calipers/rotors for $280 shipped. They look to be in ok shape but you know how pictures are.

I understand that too. We're more like family here.

I've looked at the B/N route too which would give me the comfort level of it being B/N not used.

There is just too much opinion on what works and what doesn't.

I think the Ford setup would work well too but it's not the common practice at this point.
I've been dreaming of putting in a rack n pinion from a later model Crown Vic to tighten up the loosey goosey steering these C bodies have..

I am not a spam bot.....

P/B brake pedal assembly
Distribution block
Rotors
bearings

booster
M/C
spindles
rotors
flex hoses

I understand that too. We're more like family here.

I've looked at the B/N route too which would give me the comfort level of it being B/N not used.

There is just too much opinion on what works and what doesn't.

I think the Ford setup would work well too but it's not the common practice at this point.
I've been dreaming of putting in a rack n pinion from a later model Crown Vic to tighten up the loosey goosey steering these C bodies have..
Lol! Yeah my wife said wow the steering is really loose huh, I said not really everything is pretty tight... You'll get use to it

i know where there are a Pair of 73 Spindles i can get you. Tou will need to buy New Calipers and Rotors though.

i know where there are a Pair of 73 Spindles i can get you. Tou will need to buy New Calipers and Rotors though.

Do the spindles have the slider parts built in or do they bolt on to the spindles?

I can confirm in the next few days when I start tearing my apart...

so the caliper bracket definitely bolts up to the spindle.

these things weigh a ton!!!:wideyed:
IMG_2031.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back