For Sale 1974 Monaco Hardtop for Sale (New York) $2,500. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost worth just for the steering wheel...
It does look nice, just pull the whole column.
Roadies are a bonus.

Just make sure you get the short wiring harness extension so you can plug and play the T&T column. 1974 and 1975 T&T columns have a short wiring harness extension that adapts to the T&T wiring harness. Without it and the steering column wiring harness plug won't work. I dont remember 100% but I believe the reason for it was the 1974 & 1975 T&T column wiring harness had a GM plug on the end of the wiring harness and the extension wiring harness converts it to a Mopar plug.

I have been blessed to have found a place where other Formal addicts share all the teeny-tiny stuff that makes it so interesting
And Fusies.
And Slabs.
And.... You name it. :)

Hey, I don’t get on here to argue. When someone tells me I don’t know what I’m talking about, I just go with the flow and agree with them!
I was referring to never having seen the Blues Brothers. No arguing necessary.

Hey, I don’t get on here to argue. When someone tells me I don’t know what I’m talking about, I just go with the flow and agree with them!

And I was referring to movie "enthusiasts" not letting accuracy get in the way of a cop-car or Bluesmobile clone. You are correct, a Bluesmobile should be a sedan.

If I looked hard enough, I could probably find one built from a Camry.

6.jpg

*that's not even the right model Ford for the horrible and best-forgotten sequel.

I am going to buck the group-think here...

His price is nuts, It's worth a dollar over scrap and that's going to be tough to get without a title. Buuuttttt... I don't think title is huge obstacle as long as the po-po says it isn't stolen, at least in my state and certainly in AZ where I titled two 5th Ave's that had been dumped in parking lots.

As to the rust... I'd much rather deal with roof rust than a bunch of structure and 1/4 panels. For a moment, let's take him at his word. That underbody could be solid as a rock. My Monaco is, but I have a bunch of ugly crap bleeding from trim edges and such. I don't see anything down low, and that's what counts.

The car itself... You could basically treat this as an empty canvas. It's a low-level 4drhtp. Swap in any formal interior or be one of the 1% of the average public with good-enough taste to pull off a good custom look. Engine swap? Hellz yeah. Hemi? Sure, but obvious. How about a Pentastar? A truck EcoDiesel. or a Cummins. Do whatcha like, paint how ya like, with no guilt about trashing something that survived 45 years.

$2500 for a '74 Monaco in that condition is a good deal, especially if it is as rust free on the bottom as the attached pic indicates. That car was from Florida originally and is a fairly recent transplant to the NY area.

For anyone building a Bluesmobile or restoring a '74 Monaco emergency vehicle, there's a gold mine worth of parts on that car, with plenty of meat on the bone to keep what you need and sell the rest. At the very least you'll break even.

Keep what you want, sell parts you don't want, and sell the carcass to a derby guy. Everyone wins.

44480962_1057956154366995_7199848476526510080_o.jpg

I really only expected Mario to agree with me anyway, but give this a listen at least till the 1:00 mark and tell me the lyrics aren't fun...

Never was a big fan, but I liked the Beastie Boys well enough, Will Smith did excite or offend me, Mark Wahlberg...

The only ones ever got any real notice from me was when Run DMC pulled Aerosmith back from oblivion... and I was really just glad to see Aerosmith still existed (and rocked)...

Buzzing, thumping, BS just makes me feel like becoming extremely violent with whomever is responsible (especially when your car is causing me feel it in my car with the windows up).

I have zero interest in Rap anything, and have to say that I have zero understanding of gangster rap... but find it disgusting (the little I have heard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back