WANTED 1974 Thermoquad 4BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.
6460s is as close as I can get. 74' 440

That’s a 750cfm right? It might be to a little to much for the 400. Is it complete? If you can please send me pics. I can always adjust it.

Looking for a code correct 4BBL Thermoquad for a 1974 400CI. Any one of these will work. #6456s, 6457s, 6489s, 6503s, 9014s. Thanks.
I may have one that came out of my 74 Imp. I will check tomorrow.

I have a 6320s and a 6324s, both definitely need rebuilt, dirty from sitting uncovered before I got them.

That’s a 750cfm right? It might be to a little to much for the 400. Is it complete? If you can please send me pics. I can always adjust it.
The TQ was rated at 800cfm for the 1 3/8 primary version and 850 for the 1 1/2 primary. The beauty of the TQ is, it is a variable venturi carburetor. So it takes air and fuel as it needs it, and does so very good when setup correctly. How else can you explain the factory installing them on smog era, no cam, no compression, and 2.94 geared, 4000lb cars, with 318 cubic inches? And they worked!

The 400 and 440 always got the 850 cfm version. They may have been jetted or metered differently to meet certain needs, but believe me, they are ALL a little lean on today's fuel.

I hope I did not mislead you. I am not into selling parts or cores. But, I would be happy to sell you a Rebuilt or Restored one, test run and ready to go. Happy New Year

I have a 6320s and a 6324s, both definitely need rebuilt, dirty from sitting uncovered before I got them.
Quantum, If Undertaker passes, I am interested. Thanks

The TQ was rated at 800cfm for the 1 3/8 primary version and 850 for the 1 1/2 primary. The beauty of the TQ is, it is a variable venturi carburetor. So it takes air and fuel as it needs it, and does so very good when setup correctly. How else can you explain the factory installing them on smog era, no cam, no compression, and 2.94 geared, 4000lb cars, with 318 cubic inches? And they worked!

The 400 and 440 always got the 850 cfm version. They may have been jetted or metered differently to meet certain needs, but believe me, they are ALL a little lean on today's fuel.

I hope I did not mislead you. I am not into selling parts or cores. But, I would be happy to sell you a Rebuilt or Restored one, test run and ready to go. Happy New Year

What are you asking for it Dana?
That is a $60 core and a $175 rebuild = $235 - 10% FCBO discount= $210 plus ship.
Add an additional $ 175 if you would like a restored unit, with all linkage and hard parts refinished in zinc and yellow or clear chromate O.E. color plating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back