1975 Chrysler Newport dash panel.

Aries

Reaction score
Hello to everyone!

Can anybody help me? I want to remove the dash panel and speaker cover. Do I neet to remove instrument cluster? And the top speaker cover. Do I need to remove dash panel first or it is romoves separately?

Thank you for yor help!
Viacheslav

The metal top pries right up with the tip of a small screwdriver. Please, dont scratch it.
You need to drop the steering column for the front panels first.
Along the bottom are screws that secure the bottoms of all the plastic front panels which then pop out.

PLEASE buy the Factory Service Manual. It was INVALUABLE the first time I took my identical to yours 76 dash apart. It has instructions to disassemble the dash.
It's an extremely tedious dashboard to take apart. Without the illustrations in the manual, I guarantee you will break something that costs as much as the manual.

DSC02271.JPG

The metal top pries right up with the tip of a small screwdriver. Please, dont scratch it.
Along the bottom are screws that secure the bottoms of all the plastic front panels which then pop out.

PLEASE buy the Factory Service Manual. It was INVALUABLE the first time I took my identical to yours 76 dash apart. It has instructions to disassemble the dash.
It's an extremely tedious dashboard to take apart. Without the illustrations in the manual, I guarantee you will break something that costs as much as the manual.

Oh, so easy on the metal top... that's nice =)

My steering column is not adjustable =) very poor on options =))
Thank you!

Yes, yes, I know it's need to be bought, I was hoping to skip this step, but... =)

Thank you very much again!

I also highly agree with Stan!

They are cheap to buy on EBay.

You can also buy a paper copy or a CD from these guys.

I highly recommend the parts manual too. 1,500 off the best pages you can invest in.

Bishko Books, Repair Manuals, Owners Manuals, Parts Books & Sales Brochures

My steering column is not adjustable =) very poor on options =))
Thank you!
No. I meant you have to unbolt the steering column from the dash frame and drop it down.

Back