1975 Imperial information

Dana Goetz

Reaction score
75 IMP tag1.jpg
75 IMP tag2.jpg
I have a question: a 1975 Imperial was recently sold on Ebay and it has the attached fender tags.

My question is what is the "SPECIAL HANDLING" option
75 IMP tag1.jpg
75 IMP tag2.jpg
?

"Special Handling" refers to alittle extra attention to detail while the car is being built. My '78 New Yorker St Regis Coupe has this same tag.

ive always been told "special handling" means it was an ordered car, not a sales bank car

Last edited:
Y93 was designated Show car I think so likely it was ordered for the car show circuit by the regional office then found its way onto a Dealer lot after the New Car Show season. We still get these cars today in fact I just got a list from FCA of over 100 cars that were to be on display at car shows this spring but as all the shows have been cancelled FCA is dumping them on Dealers.

Thank you for that. The car was apparently ordered for a Canadian Chrysler exec.
It sold on eBay for $2750 USD
Seller posted a video of the car on Facebook an hour ago. Said it didn't sell. There's a post in the for sale section if the same car.

No reserve. He wanted $4200 on facebook April 11th as I took a pic of the ad that day. Deal must've fell through on EBAY.

Also, the black '78 NYB coupe is back on EB.... last time I think it went to $5600? or so! Which IMO was a very good price!

Also, the black '78 NYB coupe is back on EB.... last time I think it went to $5600? or so! Which IMO was a very good price!
The dealer is quickly seeing that he’ll never see the initial 12G’s he wanted. Down to 9grand starting price.. I predict he’ll take under 6 for it just to move it. It does look to have potential. Hope whoever buys it finds out site.

^^ Well I don't know.....He's already turned down $57-$59? hundred. Oh well.... Part of me likes to see prices on Formals go up a little (I've got 2) but I also know what's realistic and what isn't, if you know what I mean.

Back