For Sale 1976 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.
af0be471556c45a4bc5e1bbe44831a3b-premium.jpg

Works alright with a 50s Body line. :poke:

So many variations of these in a certain area of Clinton Township, MI circa 70s/80s. Black/gold stripe very popular. If parked in the driveway, I'd assume a soldier lived here. Maybe a captain.

0000_21896546_large.jpg

Very RFA of me. House needs a fountain.

Folks, this 1976 NYB has been sold....about 2 months ago. I talked to the owner and it went to an auction house in NC.

I must have looked at this thread 10 times. That NYB was the nicest one I've seen in a while with a good price. I'm surprised it didn't find a buyer and wound up going to an auction house.

I must have looked at this thread 10 times. That NYB was the nicest one I've seen in a while with a good price. I'm surprised it didn't find a buyer and wound up going to an auction house.
It is a Formal... I think it was priced right at the realistic limit where it was too much for the "DUBS" crowd to grab her, but not so much as to chase off the serious enthusiast. For all the cars that languish at $5k with lessor colors and/or beat up interiors... this car was a real winner. But aside from a few lucky sales and some really ambitious flippers... $2500+/- will make most Formals move too much more and they tend to hang around.

We Formal guys watched an interesting year of sales that had me wondering about the prices, I see way to many long sales out there and too many cars with years on the market trying for higher $$. It would be nice if I was wrong.

I've yet to see any Formal actually SELL in the teens.

I wonder how long the dealer in Milbank, SD sits on his inventory with the Yuge prices he's asking. He does find the nice ones tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back