1977 Gran Fury advertisement parody

PeugFra

Reaction score
This is a howler, from Indieauto:

"You can still insist on a full measure of driving comfort, a veritable barge floating down the interstate, effortlessly passing all of the clattering little **** boxes. You have bigger dreams."

(Apparently, the board software also finds it funny, because it keeps inserting the picture twice, no matter how diligently I delete it.)

1977-Plymouth-Gran-Fury-ad-parody.png

1977-Plymouth-Gran-Fury-ad-parody.png

Last edited:
That is too funny
I'm going to have Liz work up something like that for my Imperial

"Sure it has a mpg rating like it has a hole in the tank, but it has the passenger capacity of a cross town bus, and trunk space to rival a U- haul
When you feel the need to roar down the interstate in 2 1/2 tons of steel, yet,feel like your at home on the couch, only Imperial will do"

I don't know 'bout the gas mileage thing, my 1976 Gran Fury Brougham with the 360ci motor in it got at the best at the one of several times I kept a gas log was 22 mpg. And that was a I-95 Florida run with the speed control set @ 90mph. Even my 1968 318 Furys got 18/20 mpg on the highway at times I kept track of it. Pump the tires up hard and don't work the gas pedal much and they get good mileage.

"See the U_S_A, In your Gran Fur-ray!" -Diana Shore (P.S. - Ms. Shore, Formerly a Chevrolet employee.)

Very attractive car .... I'm glad the Brougham front end styling was used as a standard for the last two years of production!!

Back