NOT MINE 1977 Gran Fury Coupe (Diplomat Roof)

tfrogh

Reaction score
I stumbled across this on Gateway Classic Cars. Kinda makes me sad...as someone clearly did not like the way this left the factory as a Classy Coupe. Glad it is a Diplomat roof so I am even less tempted. Oh, and WOW what a price. OUCH!
1977 Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham

Maybe, if it had a 440. Outside of the engine bay and wheel wells (tires, wheels and suspension), it looks pretty correct as they left the factory (at least as I remember back then when our family's was new).

actually thats not a Diplomat package roof. Dodge Royal Monacos had the option of a Diplomat roof in addition to the same "canopy" vinyl roof on this Gran Fury. The Diplomat roof had rectangular opera windows and a stainless trim band going over the top.

20140323_174020-2.jpg

39279751_934.jpg

Nice to see this car morphing back to what the factory offered but sad to see it still in the clutches of GWay. This ones been around the country via the flipper merry-go-round and has been gone over in several posts here.

1977.Plymouth.Gran.Fury.Roof.jpg

It's their "Scottsdale" location but it's actually a stone's throw from my office in north Phoenix if anyone needs eyes on it.
Wuz in Floriduh in one time. Timeline: AZ to FL then back to AZ? mab'be buyer didn't make the payments? LOL classic repossession?

No kidding! I see their test drives sometimes when I go out for a nicotine break. Most of their cars look pretty decent but I'd never pay their jacked up prices. Also, Uncle Tony taught me to stay away from "classic car" dealers.

SAME VIN

1977 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY BROUGHAM 2DRHT, LOW MILLES, RUST-FREE, RARE for sale: photos, technical specifications, description

1977-plymouth-gran-fury-brougham-2drht-low-milles-rust-free-rare-1.jpg

Description:
1977 Plymouth Fury Brougham
1977 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY BROUGHAM 2DRHT

I AM NOT A DEALER; I'M A CAR COLLECTOR.OCCASSIONALLY I SELL ONE OF MY CARS TO MAKE ROOM FOR SOMETHING ELSE.THIS GRAN FURY WAS PURCHASED NEW ON 12-15-76 IN SPRINGFIELD MO AND LIVED IN SALT-FREE SW MO AND I HAVE OWNED IT IN NW A, ALSO SALT-FREE, FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS.IT IS A RARE RUST-FREE, LOW MILEAGE (63,878), NUMBERS MATCHING, LOW PRODUCTION (1 OF 4846) CAR, THAT HAS NEVER BEEN WRECKED AND IS 85% ORIGINAL.THE GRAN FURY BROUGHM WAS A THREE YEAR ONLY (C-BODY) MODEL AND THIS IS THE LAST YEAR. THIS IS A LARGE CAR, WITH A LENGTH OF 18 ½ FEET AND A 20.4 CUBIC FOOT TRUNK.

I HAVE A CLEAR TITLE AND THE CAR COMES COMPLETE WITH THE ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE, TITLE HISTORY OF ALL OWNERS, BUILD SHEET, OWNER'S MANUAL, R/M COLOR CHART, FACTORY SALES PHAMPLET AND HUGE CUSTOMER PAINT & UPHOLSTERY SELECTOR AND FACTORY SERVICE BOOK.

STANDARD EQUIPMENT: 360 V-8, TORQUEFLITE AUTO, P/S, P/DB, FENDER MOUNTED TURN SIGNAL INDICATORS, WHEEL WELL & ROCKER MOLDINGS, HOOD ORNAMENT, DELUXE GAS DOOR

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT ON THIS CAR:A/C, CRUISE, ELECTRIC CLOCK, VINYL SEATS W/FRONT ARMREST, REMOTE OUTSIDE MIRROR, AM/FM RADIO, TINTED (GREEN) WINDOWS, CANOPY (3/4) VINYL ROOF AND OPERA WINDOWS.

CONDITION:THE CAR IS BEAUTIFUL WITH ORIGINAL & PERFECT VINYL TOP, GREEN TINTED WINDOWS, TRIM, EMBLEMS & HOOD ORNAMENT, GRILL, HEADLIGHT BEZELS, TAILIGHTS, SIDE MARKERS, SEATS, CARPET, DOOR PANELS & DASH.THE ORIGINAL BUMPERS SHINE AND THE TRUNK HAS THE ORIGINAL JACK INSTRUCTIONS, ORIGINAL MAT WITH SOME WEAR, NEW SPARE AND REFURBISHED JACK.THE CLOCK DOES NOT WORK AND THE A/C NEEDS CHARGED.

MODIFICATIONS/UPGRADESNEW TWO-STAGE PAINT IN ORIGINAL COLOR, LOWERED 2" (OLD SCHOOL) WITH BLOCKS AND TORSION BARS, NEW KUHMO DIRECTIONAL TIRES (225/50/R/16) FRONT, (245/50/R/16) REAR, NEW POLISHED AMERICAN RACING TORQUE THRUST WHEELS, (16X7 AND 16X9), NOS WHEEL WELL MOLDINGS, HID HEADLIGHTS, LEATHER-WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL, NEW BRAKES, SHOCKS, U-JOINTS, DUAL EXAUST WITH GLASS PACKS & RECTANGLE STAINLESS TIPS (TO MATCH TAILIGHTS). AND A VINTAGE PLYMOUTH "RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM" DECAL.

ENGINE:NEW EDLEBROCK INTAKE & CARB, NEW MOPAR PERFORMANCE AIR CLEANER & VALVE COVERS, SUMMIT CHROME ALTERNATOR, RECONDITIONED RADIATOR & FAN, NEW BATTERY, HOSES, BELTS, PLUGS & WIRES, FUEL PUMP, SENDING UNIT & FILTER.DETAILED WITH CHROME, PAINT, & POWDER COAT.

DISCAIMERS:VEHICLE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH NO IMPLIED OR ACTUAL WARRANTY.

YOUR BID CONSITIUTES A WRITTEN CONTRACT.BIDDERS WITH ZERO FEEDBACK OR NON-PAYMENT HISTORY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL BEFORE YOU BID IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

PAYMENT:NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $500 (CASH OR WIRE TRANSFER) MUST BE MADE 24 HOURS AFTER CLOSE OF AUCTION.BALANCE MUST BE PAID SEVEN CALENDAR DAYS AFTER CLOSE OF ACTION (CASH OR WIRE TRANSFER).CAR & CLEAR TITLE NOT RELEASED UNTIL PAID-IN-FULL.NO PERSONAL CHECKS, CREDIT CARDS OR PAYPAL.

DELIVERY:WE WILL SELL WORLD-WIDE AND HAVE WORKED WITH BUYER'S SHIPPERS TO SUCCESSFULLY SHIP TO ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, SWEDEN AND SPAIN.

STATE-SIDE BUYERS CAN PICK-UP LOCALLY OR ARRANGE THEIR OWN TRANSPORT.

The reserve of the Ebay auction has not been met, the highest bid was 4k. That price would be realistic, not the 14k they are asking on their homepage.

Yes just refreshed my memory on this one, the keyword is 'Consignment' I take it the Florida buyer that purchased it from a Arizona seller has now consigned it back to Gateway in AZ. Unless something fishy is going on here the only people making money on this one is the transportation companies.
It's a shame it didn't find a good home, but as many that flip back and forth across the country... some of these shops you know the saying, 'Mate I got $$$ into it'.

I just had a re-look at the pic's I have saved and the underside don't look too bad, (dump the glasspacks) re-reading the previous eekBay AD they got the unverified disclaimer as to if the engine is original in this 'Classic'. It's funny they didn't attach that to the milage.
It's a shame it rolled off the assembly line with the Muscle Car Yellow paint and not more of a 'Fury Fitting' color paint. The car would look great if it had the dark blue metallic paint IMHO. (go ahead paint number guys, what would that be?)

Oh yea I wonder if they fixed this foolishness....

1977 Plymouth Gran Fury 2dr yellow NEG.TERM.(GATEWAY).jpg

:rolleyes:

Also this... This is the type of chit that gets them the eekBay negs, imagine a non Mopar knowable Euro buyer that doesn't notice this and gets the car shipped all the way across the Atlantic to find out that he has to have someone sort out the 4bbl cruise conversion.

1977.Gran.Fury.Disco.Cable.01.jpg
1977.Gran.Fury.Disco.Cable.02.jpg

(edit) I forgot to add this, Speed Control, what would you need that for? It's got a 4bbl & Glasspacks! VROOM VROOM!

:p

Last edited:
You mean like @78Brougham's New Yorker in PB9 Starlight Blue Sunfire Metallic?
Naaa that's a Chrysler Color, I don't have many paint charts for the Gran Fury line but here's a sales literature page with the 1977 colors.
I'll kind of step back from the blue as this cars very nice tan interior wouldn't really go well with blue, I mean I could live with it and think it's better to me than white, but this cars tan interior would look great with Spanish Gold Metallic (or 'Moondust' Metallic) rather than the Jasmine Yellow. Moondust.... that's a gud-one.

f2bc249s-1920.jpg

BTW, that car has the Power Disc DD Booster that fits nicely on my 69 without mods other than mounting plate. Still out of stock everywhere but just sayin.

ENDED @ 4k now I'll do a little 'Shill Sleuthing' (30-Day Summary 88 & 205 & 2319 Bids & 0% Positive with Coins & Paper Money & multiple car brand bids YaaDa YaaDa) And I'll surmise the honest bidders ended @ $3,200.00.

09-23-21.1977 Plymouth Fury Brougham.4k.ENDED.www.ebay.com.jpg

Back