For Sale 1978 plymouth fury police car, original tulsa police car survivor, very rare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Is that a canary yellow interior? :yuk:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Fu...d2d78ae78&item=331475365496&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

If you’re a true Mopar collector, here is a very special find. This is likely the last surviving on the road Tulsa Police Car from the 1970’s.

It is “as auctioned” back in the 1980’s. It is NOT a clone or mock up. This is the real deal in its original black and white paint and visible Tulsa Police stars still on the doors.

The car comes with its original Tulsa Police Service Records for the car, and its original Tulsa P.D. key chain with stamped matching unit number.

This is a Police Pkg. Fury, so the car has all the Police heavy duty upgrades like: High Output 360 V8 engine that was overhauled by the Tulsa City garage, 727 transmission, big brakes, 100 amp alternator, certified speedometer etc.

The car runs and drives pretty well and boy does it get attention. We took it to a car show, and people gave it more attention than the $50k hotrods.

The car comes with current Oklahoma registration and clear title. The car is now in Texas and if you’re a Texas resident...I can authorize you to use the “FUZZ” personalized plates if you want to run them. I would NOT repaint this car...the patina is awesome!!! However...there is two areas that are rusted out and require steel metal work....passenger rocker and lower passenger rear quarter. The brakes have recently become a bit spongey.

The car has AC, power steering and power brakes. My Aerodynic Lightbar is not included, but they are available. There are bumps and dings, some drags and scratches, and holes from antennas and lights.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

What's that thing next to the steering wheel looks like a ray gun from outer space:icon_sunny:

I don't know what is the proper translation, but it's a search light guide...

Oh and I hate the color of that interior too...

The rest of the car... I love it!

The yellow color is the reflection of light, the camera is playing tricks, it is definitely all tan.

i knew that :eusa_whistle:

Condition: Used Year: 1978
Number of Cylinders: 8 Make: Plymouth
Transmission: Automatic Model: [h=2]Fury[/h]
Body Type: Sedan Trim: Base Sedan 4-Door
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty Engine: 5.9L 360Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
Vehicle Title: Clear Drive Type: RWD
Power Options: Air Conditioning Mileage: 131,000
Fuel Type: Gasoline Sub Model: FURY
For Sale By: Private Seller Exterior Color: BLACK AND WHITE
Disability Equipped:
No
Interior Color:
Tan

What's that thing next to the steering wheel looks like a ray gun from outer space:icon_sunny:

It's the handle for the factory spot light.

Those were nice cars. When they were new we had a few 77 LeMans w/ 400 4BBL's and a few 78 Furies like this with 400 4BBL's. There was no comparison. The Plymouths were faster, handled better, had more room, held up better were easier to work on, and even got better mileage.

Of course the older c-bodies with 440's were even faster, but these smaller cars weren't bad.

The yellow color is the reflection of light, the camera is playing tricks, it is definitely all tan.

You are right of course, I took a closer look to all the pictures and tan it is... I take my color hate back, I love tan, the interior of my vert has the same color! lol

It's the handle for the factory spot light.

That's the word I was looking for, spot light, not search light! I knew it, just couldn't remember it and a google translator didn't give much help...

That thing is just far too tempting. My old '75 Fury sedan ex-Dublin American Embassy car, but in US cop car colours! The dash pad in my car was virtually mint, no cracks due to the soft Irish weather, and me being an idiot got impatient and cracked it when removing it from the car! Did I feel crappy after that or what.....

This car has the 360 also, same colour interior, wonder if the rubber floor mat is still in place.....A beauty, and all too rare now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back