For Sale 1983 Chrysler Imperial - $1250 (Los angeles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine
1983 Chrysler Imperial
00P0P_kM0pCDq2tWe_600x450.jpg

00m0m_8tEBBpogpKG_600x450.jpg

00404_g3ttr065y3E_600x450.jpg

00x0x_hPLTgg3bfFs_600x450.jpg

00N0N_gxjlNtoHPiu_600x450.jpg

00N0N_h7vn0Hzl2gl_600x450.jpg

1983 Chrysler Imperial two door fully loaded sunroof top V8 not running asking $1250 or best of offer any questions call Mark

I’m guessing the fuel injection **** the bed years ago and they just gave up on it.

You may be right. But there is a Ford Fairlane (I think) perpendicular to it in the same garage that doesn't seem to have fared much better. Maybe the owner had just been in poor health and unable to drive for a long time, and finally he did pass, leading the family to finally let things go.

In looking at what I believe is the inside edge of the A pillar molding on the driver side, it is pretty well cracked, indicating the car actually had a lot of use.

Last edited:
I think it would be OK to see a Garden Hose in the pictures, Just sayin

Judging by all the debris in and on the car, I'd say it was sitting outside for years before it made it into the garage.

Also, if you look closely, you'll see that it's an aftermarket sun roof. It's small and has the ring around it. Here's a factory one:

DSC01829.JPG

No Pete Its an 83 with dark blue interior and what looks like an aftermarket sun roof. Only 81 Imps have the sun roof option. Any body know why 82-83 Imps weren't available with a sun roof option? Franks were only available in 81-82 with only light blue leather or cloth interior. the a piller has the cloth covering in tatters that is a common problem on all these Imps. Looks like a nice solid car that is just crying to be saved and at a great price to boot!!

Judging by all the debris in and on the car, I'd say it was sitting outside for years before it made it into the garage.

Also, if you look closely, you'll see that it's an aftermarket sun roof. It's small and has the ring around it. Here's a factory one:

View attachment 256488
Jeff Is that roof off a 81 Frank? Only about 50 81 Franks had the sun roof option! They only made 158 81 Franks! Mine is one of those 50. Hope you saved the FS badges and counsel if it was. thanks for saving the sun roof too!

Last edited:
Was the sun roof option available on the Mirada and Cordoba in 82-83? for 81 Franks think its 158? with 400 something 82s? Any one know for sure?

Jeff Is that roof off a 81 Frank? Only about 50 81 Franks had the sun roof option! They only made 184 81 Franks! Mine is one of those 50. Hope you saved the FS badges and counsel if it was. thanks for saving the sun roof too!

No, it was just a regular Imperial. I bought the car out of a local junkyard about 15 years ago. It was a real clean car, except it had been in a wreck. The previous owner stuck the nose out too far into traffic and the front end got pushed to the right about a foot.

I have a pair of nice quarters and doors if anyone ever needs them. Also have some decent cloth seats and trim panels.

DSC01694.JPG

81 imp quarter.jpg

81 imp door.jpg

DSC01320.JPG

DSC01335.JPG

Jeff

Here is mine, used to have a 82 Frank before my current 81. Both are still injected !

Very nice!

My friend had an '83 for a while that was still injected. It didn't run right when he got it, but he went through the troubleshooting procedures in the service manual and got it running properly. He used it as a daily driver for a couple years before selling it to his father. It was gold with a tan cloth interior.

They did a lot of de-contenting in '82 and '83. Sunroof was the only option, and it may not have been extra-cost. I recall the car being promoted as having choices (color, radios, rims, etc.) rather than options, but it's hard to imagine the sunroof being a freebie.

'81 also had an oddball sunroof set up with the motor housed under the package tray, rather than under the header. That probably made for some very, very long cables.

They did a lot of de-contenting in '82 and '83. Sunroof was the only option, and it may not have been extra-cost. I recall the car being promoted as having choices (color, radios, rims, etc.) rather than options, but it's hard to imagine the sunroof being a freebie.

'81 also had an oddball sunroof set up with the motor housed under the package tray, rather than under the header. That probably made for some very, very long cables.

I'm pretty sure the sunroof was extra. Like you said, everything else was an even swap: cloth vs. leather, wire hubcaps vs. aluminum rims, and choice of radios.

Jeff

Yes cloth seats dont show up often. Ive had my sun roof apart and yes its a long cable to the motor under the rear shelf! Nice to see your quarters and other sheet metal, looks nice and clean. I also parted out a 83 and have quarters and a door plus header. Just hope I never need them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back