For Sale 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10 - $23000 (Lake Placid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine, of course.
Reposted from 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10

The only reason I'm posting this Viper is because this is the cheapest price I've ever seen for these lethal clown shoes that isn't on Coparts. If you're looking to kill yourself, this looks like the Viper to buy on the cheap.

image 1 of 14
00e0e_4Nsw8iDvzqM_600x450.jpg

00D0D_5KXq3VW5pNc_600x450.jpg

It is with great sadness that I must part with my dream car. Only 300 or so Vipers came in this paint scheme. Shortly after I purchased it, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It's been 4 years, I don't drive well and I'm moving across the country for family support.

First off, I actually drove this car as did the previous owners, so if you're looking for a garage queen, investment, or show car, move on. It has some paint flaws, but nothing major. There are some interior trim pieces that are broken, but nobody seems to notice them but me. It does have a clean, non salvage title which is very rare for a Viper with mileage. I paid cash for the car, so there is no lien. I can see it has had an accident, but not major. There was some paint work on the hood which took me a year to notice and there is a bent bracket. Nothing was reported. No damage while I owned it.
It's mostly stock except almost new Gen III 6 spoke wheels. 1 wheel has a scrape on it from sliding on the trailer moving here. No curb rash though. 18x10 in front and 19x10 in the rear. If you're looking at 1st generation Vipers, you should know you can't always get tires for the 17" wheels and never in matching tread. Pirelli tires have about 10,000 miles on them and zero burnouts. I have spare wheels and tires for that.
I recently upgraded the transmission with new synchro friction cones, bronze shift fork pads, and fixed the reverse pop-out that all early T56 transmissions are prone to. Skip shift is bypassed. It has a 3.55 differential. Exhaust is a catless Borla system with stock exhaust manifolds. A/C blows nice and cold, but has a slow leak. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Car has been rock solid reliable. I drove it from Tucson, AZ to Salt Lake City, UT for a business trip. I wouldn't hesitate to hop in and drive it anywhere - as long as there is no bad weather.
I have done a couple of modifications you won't likely find in another Viper. I installed cruise control, heated seats, and a homelink auto dim mirror with compass and thermometer. All appear factory installed.
It comes with a soft top, hard windows, and a hard top. I have a spare engine in need of rebuild, 2 sets of spare wheels and tires, a 3.55 differential, 3.73 gearset, axles, and lots of misc other items.
Because of the brain tumor, I have difficulty talking on the phone. If you're interested, email me and we'll go from there. No payments, no trades, no joyrides, no checks. I'm brain damaged, but I'm not stupid, so scammers are welcome, but it's a wasted effort.

This is not about this specific car, but interesting facts about the 96 RT/10:
The 1996 RT/10 is unique among Vipers. It's not a Gen1, but it's not a Gen2. It has the Gen1 engine and interior, but the lighter Gen2 chassis. It was the only year to have the stripes that came to a point with color matching interior leather parts. It was rated at a unique 415 horsepower. The 1995s are all 400 and the 1996 to 2002 GTS is 450. It's the only Gen1 engine running OBDII. It's the only Gen1 body with rear exit exhaust.
[email protected]

VIN: 1B3BR65E7TV100272
condition: good
cylinders: 10 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 117000
paint color: white
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: convertible

I'm brain damaged, but I'm not stupid,
Love it!

Not a bad price for these,it's about the low price point I saw 20 years ago for some GTS cars that were around at the time, probably fixed cars and why so cheap.

Probably a better deal and more practical than the $70,000 pick ups Graham is selling.
Definitely less depreciation in the first 2 years of ownership.

Thats a reasonable price in my opinion. I have seen first gen cars with 60k going for $30+ up here

Viper_Daffy_Duck.jpg

Time to drag out the old Daffy Duck Viper emblem again. We didn't own the shop when this one was made, but I did point it out to the engineer that signed off on it just before he retired.

Sorry for unselling your overpriced pick ups I know you did not choose the price.

Believe me they are the over priced no argument from me. I can’t explain why the increase over the last 5 years other than corporate greed. A full load Ram 1500 in 2012 was $48000 now its $78000!! WTF did we do to justify the $30k jump? Add some tech and safety gear? Drivetrain is still the same still gets similar mileage still pulls similar trailer weight so what is worth the increase? Oh maybe its the 12” control panel with all the snazzy apps and 360’ cameras

:mad::mad:

look at that beautiful engine not covered with plastic engine covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back