NOT MINE 2- 1960s-1970s Chrysler Product Power Vent Window Motors, LH/RH

68 4spd Fury

Reaction score
I hope this link works.

2- 1960s-1970s Chrysler Product Power Vent Window Motors, LH/RH, Mopar, Imperial, Dodge, & Plymouth

330681452_5969230653144761_3546881436864535810_n.jpeg330731931_8935552209819288_7902195568999385308_n.jpeg

Last edited:
It does‘t work but I did see that ad the other day and it’s not a bad deal iirc..

If I didn’t already have a few pairs in working order I’d probably have bought them.
Yea, I would too.... About a 45 min drive from me too.

I'm trying to slowly get rid of extra parts rather than store them.

Haven't seen too many of those, lately! That is a good deal. I figured Matt had cornered the market on these years ago!

@Big_John
Do you have a comparable/tested pair you would be willing to sell me at that guy's price?
I'd rather give the $$ to you than a stranger.

@Big_John
Do you have a comparable/tested pair you would be willing to sell me at that guy's price?
I'd rather give the $$ to you than a stranger.
I think you should buy the ones in the link before I do because that is considerably less than I would sell them for but I do appreciate your angle. :thumbsup:

I see they are sold. Hope Fury Fan bought them as it might be a looooong time before you see any of these at that price!

I didn't get them.

I first inquired at 8:59 if he still had them, offered $80 (they'd been listed for a week, he declined my offer), I asked for a shipping quote and to pay by Paypal at 9:48.
Then they were marked as sold and at 10:06 he's offering me a non-functioning one for $30 and a working one with a crack at a TBD price.

He didn't give me a shipping quote on the 1st set nor these (he has my zipcode).
I presume he either had someone in the hopper already and was using me for a backup, or these sold previously and he's using the in-op ones as a bait-switch FOMO.

I have 2 needs-work spares, I don't need 4 in the same condition.
If I ever get in a real jam there are reman and retrofits on ebay periodically.

I didn't get them.

I first inquired at 8:59 if he still had them, offered $80 (they'd been listed for a week, he declined my offer), I asked for a shipping quote and to pay by Paypal at 9:48.
Then they were marked as sold and at 10:06 he's offering me a non-functioning one for $30 and a working one with a crack at a TBD price.

He didn't give me a shipping quote on the 1st set nor these (he has my zipcode).
I presume he either had someone in the hopper already and was using me for a backup, or these sold previously and he's using the in-op ones as a bait-switch FOMO.

I have 2 needs-work spares, I don't need 4 in the same condition.
If I ever get in a real jam there are reman and retrofits on ebay periodically.
I rebuilt one. It's not very hard.

Power Vent Motor- Anyone ever take one apart??

Thanks for the link, I had read that thread in the past and is where I learned that the Caddy stuff interchanges.
I ohm'd both my spares and electrically they are shorted (or Open, I don't really remember) so I think they are not fixable without donor parts.
So the lower-priced motors from that guy might've been beneficial, but I'm not sure if I got played, so I've moved on.

The ones in my car work and will get greased and gear evaluation next time I go into the doors, which will be for the PW motors.

Thanks for the link, I had read that thread in the past and is where I learned that the Caddy stuff interchanges.
I ohm'd both my spares and electrically they are shorted (or Open, I don't really remember) so I think they are not fixable without donor parts.
So the lower-priced motors from that guy might've been beneficial, but I'm not sure if I got played, so I've moved on.

The ones in my car work and will get greased and gear evaluation next time I go into the doors, which will be for the PW motors.
I don't think there's much that can go wrong. The weak points are the drive gear and the brushes. Brush issues seems to be across the board with power window and headlight door motors. Usually clean up of the commutator and brushes will do the trick.

I'll bet that with a little searching, those brushes can be replaced with something generic and off the shelf. The gears that fail are available, although for anyone wondering, the GM application is reversed, right to left.

Now that you mention it, IIRC I did do the continuity check at the terminals. :BangHead:

I'll need to re-check them... properly.

Back