2023 Dodge Hornet

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
2023 Dodge Hornet: What We Know So Far

dodge-hornet-1651078573.jpg

At least it's a family name. Hudson and AMC each had a Hornet, and of course, whomever (fill in latest corporate entity here) owns the Chrysler family, owns that particular name. At least, people won't spend 20 years bitching about a four-door car named after the Charger with this one. Few alive remember or recognize the Hornet name to compare, anyway.

Kind of a cute little bastard. But at $30K large, hell no! It ain't Doc Hudson, for certain!

Last edited:
OK, who is going to be the FCBO'er to say it looks like a Camaro????

I'm sorry but that thing is just Gay. I'd be embarrassed to show that off. It looks like every other Suv/Blob on the road today. The modern world seems to be really big on being derivative and not aiming for any sort of originality. Cars, music, movies, people. Etc.

I'm sorry but that thing is just Gay. I'd be embarrassed to show that off. It looks like every other Suv/Blob on the road today. The modern world seems to be really big on being derivative and not aiming for any sort of originality. Cars, music, movies, people. Etc.

At this point I will just wait and watch what Dodge does with it. Compare the first year metric Charger to the present day Hellcat/ Scat Pack Charger. I'm more interested in performance than I am styling. 1st year cars always suck!

It looks like Alfa Romeo Tonale (which it is based on). Neither of them is impressive. Both have lost their pedigree.

4E1D9514-641E-4B65-AC22-92F7E384ED53.png

Last edited:
I'm simply not impressed by anything new. The soul has been sucked out of new vehicles, and the anticipation of the new model year. Look at the crap that passes for new trucks these days, especially Diesels of all makers! A buddy has a 2021 Ram Diesel that has been in the shop for three of the six months he's owned it. It has had numerous things occurring with it, mostly with the smog crap on it. It'll go into a mode that allows maybe 20 mph out of it, totally without warning...and usually with a revenue load on a trailer behind it. Can't make money with it in the shop! He reverts to a very dependable 340K-mile '99 Ram 3500 Cummins truck.

Nothing new (2022) will be around 20 years from now. Try finding parts for 1994-2002 Ram pickups! You would think they were built in the Sixties! I can't get at all excited about new, when new generally starts at $30K for basic transportation, and going nowhere but up from there. The used market will crash very shortly, probably right after the election, and prices might come back to reality...you know, for those of us who either refuse to spend that stupid money for plastic computerized crap, and when a used ten-year-old Chrysler T&C minivan with 140K miles is $15K on a used lot! Watch, the repossessions will happen soon with alacrity, as those who bought used (and paying double what the vehicle would've been worth normally!) can't afford the vehicle, can't afford to fix it, and are so far upside-down in it, they can't afford to do anything but surrender the vehicle to their lender.

The used market will crash very shortly, probably right after the election, and prices might come back to reality...you know, for those of us who either refuse to spend that stupid money for plastic computerized crap, and when a used ten-year-old Chrysler T&C minivan with 140K miles is $15K on a used lot! Watch, the repossessions will happen soon with alacrity, as those who bought used (and paying double what the vehicle would've been worth normally!) can't afford the vehicle, can't afford to fix it, and are so far upside-down in it, they can't afford to do anything but surrender the vehicle to their lender.
1661282080233.png

Facts is facts. Yeah, the new crap gets better mileage and generally accelerates and handles like a slot car. Great! But when the warranty expires (usually the day after!), that magic all goes to **** with the first shop visit. I've bitched about my wife's '08 Enclave, but I'll spend far less in repairs than most people pay for three to six months of car payments; depending on how many months (84 is the norm now!) they've mortgaged their souls for! With just three payments gone by, their "new-car-smell" is replaced by baby puke, Jack Daniels and/or incontinence.

Last edited:
Back