2023 Durango SRT Hellcat

TxDon

Reaction score
I have owned a 2018 SRT 392 Durango since we bought it new in July 2018. It is our DD and it's the best vehicle I have ever owned. However, since Dodge just announced there will now be a 2023 Hellcat model Durango, I am seriously tempted to order one. I went through this in 2021 when they offered the Hellcat but for various reasons resisted, when they said there would not be any more my temptation faded. It's crazy money but the high residual value of my 2018 makes it technically possible. Part of my thinking is that this may actually be the last 710 hp supercharged SUV made before the electrics take over but who knows...

I'd like to hear from anyone who is fortunate enough to actually own a 2021 Durango Hellcat what your personal thoughts are about the vehicle and what it is like to drive day to day. Or anyone who owns any type of Hellcat. And especially anyone who is thinking of doing the same thing I may be doing...

DSCF2834.JPG

DSCF2836.JPG

DSCF2839.JPG

DSCF2841 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2842.JPG

DSCF2845.JPG

I have one, my thoughts, keep what you have. It's still a pig of a car. It's "fast" for an SUV, but not fast by todays standard of fast cars. Dealers will likely be dumb and mark them up and I don't see it being worth the extra money. Unless you just have a lot of cash to blow and don't care, that's different. Otherwise, I'd stay happy with the 392 and the extra cash in your pocket. You'll get terrible gas mileage, terrible range, but it makes a good sound. A good 2nd-3rd car, not a primary.

You can buy one in a few years if you change your mind, plenty of people won't drive them because they aren't the primary car. Let someone else pay over sticker and pick up later if you want.

Its amazing how the SRT cars have been holding their value. Guess it goes with the current used car market. I could sell my truck and commuter car for more than I paid for them.

Back