3M Panel Glues

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Has anyone used this product on our C-Bodies?

The local Autobody supplier is trying to sell me on this stuff.
Has anyone used this product on floor pans and other areas of their C-Bodies?

3M-8115.jpg

I'm not a pro but I'd save that stuff for panels that aren't attached directly to the frame rails, such as quarters, door skins and such.

I had told the supplier what I was planning to repair and he insists this is better than welding especially the trunk & floor pan...
This is not a young kid behind a counter either...

The big trick is to make sure it is clamped or screwed into place

I can understand a frame rail not being glued to a quarter panel as the instructions do point out areas that need to still need to be welded.

It is an expensive adventure as well

Not a fan of adhesives on older cars. First of all on your floor pan job you'll need at least 5 or more tubes. Last I checked it was close to $40 each. Plus the gun is expensive if you don't already have one. A few years ago I used that same stuff to glue a door skin on a Chevelle. A few months later it got hit in the same door and while the glue held up in the accident when I removed the door skin all I did was stick a screwdriver behind the panel and it broke loose all the way around way to easy. Your floor pans can be plug welded in very easily using the holes that are already there from drilling out the spot welds.

I understand.
I did buy one tube and gun but will probably return it due to the scope of my project expanding to what it now is.

3M has the best adhesives on the planet....but I would go with the recommendation from Chris.

Back