4 door vs 2 door

tdyer1

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I recently picked up a 1971 Fury GT that had been in a guys garage for 25 years. I am currently trying to figure out if the rear quarter sheet metal, wheel back and the metal around the back window off a 4 door will work on a two door. I have looked at a lot of pictures and it looks like it will. I would appreciate any feed back.

The metal is the same thickness if you are going to fabricate parts. The two and four doors use a different rear window and rear window channel profile, so the channels to not interchange. The lower quarter radii are the same, The wheel houses are also different as the 4 doors have the front half of the house exposed next to the rear seat.

Dave

Thank you very much. My car has rust around the drivers side full quarter and around the lower part of rear window.

Interesting find! What's the car's location history? Just curious. Pictures of the data plate and such would be interesting to see.

Thanks,
CBODY67

2cDb1fvRSHupFpW9IBdQbw.jpg
1CVEuj%ERK2DB82g9r0Lag.jpg
DNNB9%01QGOZfhb+BT0qcw.jpg
IMG_3957.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG

I will post more pictures tomorrow. the guy i bought it from bought it new in college and then parked it when he started his career. the motor was locked up but i coked the cylinder for 6 months and it turned right over. Interior is still nice and soft with no holes. I need the metal for around the rear window and top of the drivers side fender.

Back